What's new

Am I really missing out with stock tank?

For what it's worth, there's no need to hate you and I actually appreciated you taking the time to share your experience;which admittedly sounded strange, but as others say it might have to do with different regulations. That being said, it's always better to share an opinion and be willing to discuss it nicely, than keeping stuff for yourself. ;)

Many thanks to the others also, I feel like I can actually do this and my ares 2 is coming tomorrow, along with questions, and why not feedback.
You are all very nice to spend time to help others.

Edit: yes, I live in the UK, I am not from it (as you would have guessed by my English) but I live here

Hello all,
I am pretty new to all this, but in enjoying it a lot. I have recently moved from a pen style vape to a kroma r + zlide and have been loving it so far.
Tried quite a few juices already (vampire vape, druid, dinner lady, the latter is too sweet for me, and I have some Manabush coming into the post).
I tried quite a few coils, and so far I am enjoying vaping with the 1.2 ohm, I can't taste anything with the 1.6 and anything below 1 ohm doesn't give me a throat hit.
I have now watched quite a few videos about the new Ares 2, and rta in general, and what I thought was complicated (wicking, creating coils) seems easy enough, also I could eventually buy the coils if I'm not good at making them.
There are, however, some things that I still don't understand, such as:
How do I understand what wattage to use on self made coils? How long do they last? How can I clean them? How much more juice they consume compared to a stock tank? Are they really far superior as the web makes them sound like? Would you move up so soon being a beginner?

I know they are a lot of questions, but even a small answer with some links to read would be appreciated ;)
Many thanks
This is the eternal vapers divider. LOL

I´ve been on your situation. Many times. After much thinking and testing I always go back to my loyal stock tanks.

Each person is a new world...

The ares 2 comes with 2 coil jigs, a bit of kanthal wire and cotton aswell as a couple of pre wrapped coils. MTL wire can be easily cut using nail clippers so new users can wrap a few coils or practice then decide if to use pre wrapped coils or a reel of wire and wrap coils.I
Though id still recomend small coil toolkit for around £10 if you decide rtas are for you.

Im gonna say one last thing actually, i debated for a while whether i should post what i said because i knew i was going to have 'more experienced vapers' react to it like some did, but, u know what, when it comes to actually successfully quitting, i feel that im as qualified as anyone because i did.

And id rather have all of u hate me than lose a guy back to cigs like i lost my 4 pack a day friend back to cigs because her doctor told her vaping was bad, and since obviously he knows more than i do, so she wouldnt listen to me

There’s no hate here. As far as I’m concerned people should use whatever nic level gets them off the cigs. It was down to the legislative differences - it’s very difficult for new vapers to access anything stronger than 20mg without importing it here. I wish it were higher, but it isn’t. It’s good to see different input from forum users outside the U.K., but most of us are stuck here :D

What people haven't told you is you'll just swap your Holy Grail from the perfect stock coil to the perfect cotton or the perfect coil.
Here's a tip for you to try,buy a different stock tank and try a different Ejuice to vape in it if you stop getting a hit from your main tank.

Im gonna say one last thing actually, i debated for a while whether i should post what i said because i knew i was going to have 'more experienced vapers' react to it like some did, but, u know what, when it comes to actually successfully quitting, i feel that im as qualified as anyone because i did.

And id rather have all of u hate me than lose a guy back to cigs like i lost my 4 pack a day friend back to cigs because her doctor told her vaping was bad, and since obviously he knows more than i do, so she wouldnt listen to me
Everyone needs something different bud. That's why they come here and we give our experience on what is essentially a very dull subject.
From those who need a little to those who need a lot, from those who dtl or mtl or something in the middle. Some need high pg some high vg.
None of this has any bearing on how much we like or dislike each other.
That's why we argue most with our friends and partners, lol. All good.

Guys...puhleez stop apologizing, i know u dont hate me, lol, thats why im on this forum, u guys are all awesome, i didnt mean to sound all butthurt, i was just making the point of 'willing to go there even for one single person who i dont even know' who now knows that, yeah, theres this crazy american who had to go to absurdly extreme lengths, but at least it worked, which is the only thing that matters

Trust me, if it bothered me id just change my screen name, n u would never know the difference, lol

This thread isnt about me, its about op and making sure he doesnt give up after he gets his rta n maybe finds it still doesnt do it for him

For the record its great to have you and your opinion aboard. Spent most of my life either in the states or working and playing with those from the states and I've been everywhere man.. Like the song including places in your very own state that you've probably never seen (off the top of my head, Johnstown, altoona, york, Carlisle,williamsport, Hazleton, pittston, Easton, Allentown, Pittsburgh, lebanon, Lancaster, reading and a whole bunch more I can't even remember sadly even Scranton.)
makes for a better forum with as many different points of view to the reader to grab On to.
Your out Pennsylvania buddy.

Basic rule of thumb is you'll know when the brits are coming for you, you'll start getting called a cnut. Everything else is discussion.

Btw, Im not sure how the zlide hits, but ive found that using a smaller drip tip to restrict the airflow sometimes works better than using the airflow ring on the tank, just another option.

I love my Zlides. Good range of coils, and 1.6Ω @ 10W on my Series-B DNA 75 exactly hits my spot. 4ml tanks reduce refills too. :thumbup:

Totally with you on narrower drip tips.

Back
Top Bottom