What's new

Am I being too Fussy?

Coolie27

Achiever
I took delivery of my Silver Coral yesterday and I’m delighted with it, I bought a black one from Steam in November and when it arrived I thought the USB port was a bit off/skewed but I had nothing to compare it with until the Silver arrived. The USB cable on the black one doesn’t go in and out smoothly where of course the silver one does.
I contacted Rob at Steam and sent photos. He emailed back saying ‘he didn’t think it was too bad’ and asked me if the cable went in/out freely. I replied saying it didn’t. I don’t charge through the mod but still would like it to be at least flush with the port and connecting to pc. It does feel that I’m forcing it in and wiggling a bit to remove. What would you do or what do you think please? Obviously it’s not a really expensive mod but it’s still hard earned cash. See pics below , be honest I can take it?
IMG_0526.jpg
IMG_0520.jpg
IMG_0521.jpg

If you aren’t happy with it but it works then I’d say don’t take it any further but don’t buy from them again if you don’t like the reply. Saying something doesn’t look too bad isn’t a response I would appreciate, it’s admitting it isn’t right but telling you to shut up and deal with it (how I would take it).

Cheers gents, I know Steam have a good rep on the forum. It’s a bit off-putting when you see one that’s right and how it’s supposed to look. Waiting for their response. Bit slow in responding to be honest. I’m sure he has a repair or return contract with the Vendor/ distributor.

Its not your fault that the USB is not correct. If you were challenged in some way that the device didn't work for you then I would get a replacement.

I didn’t realise you were still in talks with the vendor. You could always mention that you have asked for advice on the forum, if they know there is an audience they will be more willing to sort it as the bad publicity won’t be good for them

And their reputation on here doesn’t matter, it’s your issue, doesn’t matter how well they have treated other people

I took delivery of my Silver Coral yesterday and I’m delighted with it, I bought a black one from Steam in November and when it arrived I thought the USB port was a bit off/skewed but I had nothing to compare it with until the Silver arrived. The USB cable on the black one doesn’t go in and out smoothly where of course the silver one does.
I contacted Rob at Steam and sent photos. He emailed back saying ‘he didn’t think it was too bad’ and asked me if the cable went in/out freely. I replied saying it didn’t. I don’t charge through the mod but still would like it to be at least flush with the port and connecting to pc. It does feel that I’m forcing it in and wiggling a bit to remove. What would you do or what do you think please? Obviously it’s not a really expensive mod but it’s still hard earned cash. See pics below , be honest I can take it?
View attachment 179834View attachment 179835View attachment 179837
Ask Rob if he can straighten the board a bit for you. He works for lost vape too.
I know there's not too many of these left. I've a black and silver one and I must admit mine are dead central.

Ask Rob if he can straighten the board a bit for you. He works for lost vape too.
I know there's not too many of these left. I've a black and silver one and I must admit mine are dead central.

Cheers, I’ll wait and see if he responds on Monday. Thought it a bit odd that he said he didn’t think it was ‘that bad’ when the photos are as clear as day. This came as a sealed unit and obviously he wasn’t to know, all the same, you want things right.

Back
Top Bottom