What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

A week with pods

MiscoDatt

Veteran
I have a few pods, not many but enough to know I’m not a pod fan.

They never achieve the flavour of a good rta. They don’t last as long as a decent mod and overall they always seem a second best.

However, over the past week I have been exclusively using two pods (aios really). The jac vapour vim and the artery pal 2.

The reason for using them was because I’ve been abroad and didn’t want to take the BB. I didn’t want the fuss of re-wicking and I was also a little scared of losing/dropping such a pricey device.

Thanks to a fine fellow ape I was introduced to some high mg salts and I thought this would be perfect to take away.

I have to say I am now converted.

Previously I’d pick up a pod immediately after the BB or rta and just think meh. However I have learned to realise that this isn’t the point of a pod, well for me at least.

With no access to a flavourful rta I was forced to use my two chosen pods and I’m really surprised at how much I have enjoyed them.

The vim may not have the flavour of the pal2 but it’s battery life and consistency of vape have really been a boon. The pal 2 with the .6 ohm coils set at the tightest opening has been wonderful.

With 20 mg salts I’ve been underwhelmed but with a higher mg I’ve been really impressed.

Perhaps when the availability of true flavourful atties isn’t there ones expectations are lowered and you begin to appreciate the simplicity of a decent pod system? I know I certainly have.

The two pods kept me going day and night and surprisingly I was fully satiated by them both.

I honestly think that if I wasn’t put in a position where the pod was my only option I would have kept a less than favourable opinion of them. But this past week has shown me that they do have a place in my own vaping world and I’m rather happy that they do.

Yeah, pods are never going to be able to compete for flavour. Think you've hit the nail on the head though as how to view them and use them

Simple delivery system when you just need the fix. I can understand the flavour chasing because Im totally obssessed right now, but youre right.
I tend not to use my vim but it is the perfect little thing for out and about. I'll use another one for my menthol now.

Actually the Bantam Box is kinda pod sized. Maybe a bit more chunky and heavier than most pods, but no compromise on flavour and draw.

Aye, I see pods as a different thing. For a good few months now the suorin air is always in my pocket. It’s perfect for when you need a quick, high nic puff. I keep a 50ml bottle of 50/50 24mg standard nic mixed up for it (which reminds me, I need to make a new batch...), always tobacco flavour and very low on the concentrate. Usually less than 1% total, a couple of drops of FA perique, latakia and something else as the base. At the rate I use it (a few puffs here and there, albeit every day) the pods last months with this liquid. It’s perfect.

I won a new pod, the medo pod, in a giveaway thread I forgot I’d even posted in. I’m interested to see how it is, it looks a bit like the air. Very thin, draw activated.

Back
Top Bottom