What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

A question I never thought I'd be asking

Shawn. As a MTL veteran (self appointed, of course) I can highly recommend the True from Naturevape and Ehpro. Simple to build, fill and adjust. Nice flavour. Very reasonable price wise too.

I know some of you may roll your eyes at this, and I can't compare it to the Rose, but I love the Digiflavour Siren V2. Many airflow options, from very loose to extremely tight. And it's cheap at around £20.

@Lung Redemption Redemption i know you are looking for a new MTL tank some good options in this thread

Not really so much looking for a MTL tank mate, just something(whether it be MTL or DL by design) that provides the same or a similar experience to the Siren 2 with 3-4 air holes open, with options to be tighter or looser as needed(like i can with the Siren). In no rush for another tank though and i don't think i can really go wrong just getting another Siren 2 if needed.

How loose do you want it? The K5 is fairly loose, but, alternating with sub-ohm tanks I found it took a while to get used to it each time I used it.

The 5.2 verges on DTL and is the dream - Kayfun flavour with a proper loose draw and a deck that will take Juggernauts.

How loose do you want it? The K5 is fairly loose, but, alternating with sub-ohm tanks I found it took a while to get used to it each time I used it.

The 5.2 verges on DTL and is the dream - Kayfun flavour with a proper loose draw and a deck that will take Juggernauts.
Do you have a link to one of these @Ment ?

@MrTeaTime the Innokin Ares MTL was too airy for me, but it seemed a good tank and I know quite a few people rate it highly .... might be worth looking at? :)

How loose do you want it?

This is the big question! :D

What kind of coil and power are you wanting to vape at @MrTeaTime ?

There's tanks that won't be suitable for anything other than a small thin wire build at 10 or 12w, either because the deck isn't big enough, it won't wick fast enough or there's not enough air hitting the coil.

There also comes a point with airflow looseness (or amount, really) where it becomes almost impossible to MTL vape because there's so much your mouth is full of air the second you inhale from the tank and you end up talking little half pulls to try and MTL and it doesn't really work.

It's hard to know what to recommend but I'll say the original Hastur might fit the bill, it has 2 big cyclops holes on the AFC and you can control how much air hits the coil with the inserts or leave them out totally for a super big (for MTL) air flow.

It's also 24mm, 3.5ml and not a dainty little thing. :D

https://www.fasttech.com/p/9437701

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons I would like to add this.

Like shawn, I am a big DTL vaper and like big airflow and plenty of dense clouds/flavour, but when I decided I needed to try MTL I got a Berserker mini and a Cthulu Hastur based on what was hot at the time.

Unlike what you might expect, After much experimentation, I found that the kind of DTL I liked the most was, the tightest draw I could get from these devices. I found to get the most satisfaction from my DTL, I needed the draw to last as long as possible. I found the longer the draw lasted, the more impact it had. I have a Wee VIM from JAC vapour, with a very loose draw and it was very unsatisfying as the draw only lasted a second and hence vapour was weak and diffuse.

Got to experiment MR TT. Find your happy place. Good luck.

Oh and I should mention, I never really got it to my liking until I moved up to 18mg juices at 50/50.

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons I would like to add this.

Like shawn, I am a big DTL vaper and like big airflow and plenty of dense clouds/flavour, but when I decided I needed to try MTL I got a Berserker mini and a Cthulu Hastur based on what was hot at the time.

Unlike what you might expect, After much experimentation, I found that the kind of DTL I liked the most was, the tightest draw I could get from these devices. I found to get the most satisfaction from my DTL, I needed the draw to last as long as possible. I found the longer the draw lasted, the more impact it had. I have a Wee VIM from JAC vapour, with a very loose draw and it was very unsatisfying as the draw only lasted a second and hence vapour was weak and diffuse.

Got to experiment MR TT. Find your happy place. Good luck.

Oh and I should mention, I never really got it to my liking until I moved up to 18mg juices at 50/50.
It actually sounds like you look for pretty much the same as I do from an MTL kit ........ I take long draws and use both the Berserker Mini and the Hastur Mini ... shut right down. :)

Back
Top Bottom