What's new

Which Nicotine do I need to buy?

slizza786

Postman
Hi all,

Looking to start making my own vape juices as I have always been buying them before. Bought myself some empty bottles, 500ml vg & pg, vampire vape heisenberg concentrate, and a few syringes.

I'm unsure on what nicotine I need to buy, I've seen different ones around 50mg PG, 50 mg VG, 72 mg PG and 72 mg VG. Based on what I've read around I'm going to go for the PG base nicotine but not sure on what mg I need? Normally the juices I buy from the shops are 6 mg in strength. Can anyone advise which one i need to buy?

I've always only bought 72 pg if you buy less I think it's more uneconomical in a mix.

Not sure tho as the price may be less..

I meant if you bought 250ml of the 72 it would be more economical then say a 250ml bottle of 50.

Thanks pals. Looking to buy 100ml of 72 mg PG and calculated that to make around 50ml of juice I need 4.2ml nicotine which seems great. Just hoping that the 72 mg PG is the best one to buy

Most of us use 72, personally I buy it in vg as that way I can keep my overall vg/pg ratio to 80/20 even using 20% flavour. Flavours will almost always be in pg so if you're mixing 20% flavour and nicotine in pg the highest ratio you could get to make a final juice at 3mg strength would be 76/24.

Not hugely different I know, but if you're making higher nic juices it's more of an effect, and with one shot concentrates many of them do have a suggested mix of 20% flavour.

If you're going for a lower vg final ratio it makes little difference.

Most of us use 72, personally I buy it in vg as that way I can keep my overall vg/pg ratio to 80/20 even using 20% flavour. Flavours will almost always be in pg so if you're mixing 20% flavour and nicotine in pg the highest ratio you could get to make a final juice at 3mg strength would be 76/24.

Not hugely different I know, but if you're making higher nic juices it's more of an effect, and with one shot concentrates many of them do have a suggested mix of 20% flavour.

If you're going for a lower vg final ratio it makes little difference.
Thanks Nero, most of the flavours are PG based and I'm looking got big amount of cloud and was going to make the juices on a vg/pg of 70/30. Is the throat hit less with a vg nicotine?

Definitely darkstar for nic it's the pg and nic that gives you the throat hit, if you have 70/30 vg/pg the throat hit will be the same regardless if you use vg or pg nic, I find pg easier to work with but that's just my preference

+1 for darkstar 72mg PG nic, will be fine if you're shooting for 70/30. Also, I'd be tempted to get more than 100ml while it's still available if you plan to be mostly DIYing in the future. Otherwise you'll be stuck on the 10ml 20mg shots in the not too distant future...

Back
Top Bottom