What's new

Went mad at Inawera

Nah. The blueberry is nice!

I'm an inawera addict. I've got about 40 in my fridge at present. They're my go to concentrates.
One in that list to be wary of - banana. Extremely nice. Very strong. And WILL crack plastic tanks. Read that as HAS. It was my introduction into juices cracking tanks. I'd never heard of it. By the time it cracked the 4th tank, I finally made the connection.

Cactus is a bit weird but really nice.

Biscuit is great!! And very strong. I mix it at just 4 drops in 10ml...... actually 100 drops in 250ml. (easier to count that one than weigh this one) tastes just like "nice" biscuits
I use biscuit like pastry with a fruit to make pies - then add custard :)
Thats why I make it in big batches.

Mmmmm pitaya too. It's a gorgeous dragon fruit. (7 drops in 10ml here)
Their raspberry won't disappoint (they recommend 2%, I use 3. It's the only one I have to use more than they recommend).

My all time favourite is nangka. No one in the UK sells it. Boooo!
It's breadfruit with a lovely smooth caramely after taste.

oooooh, their Blackcurrant too. Fantastic. And don't forget the wild Strawberry.
I could go on for ages but I'll stop now.

If you get on with inawera, try Flavourart next. They're about the same strength and very very good. My favourite from them is Monsoon - a red berry mix. I've got 50ml concentrate on its way. At 3‰ that'll make..... Ermmm..... Lots
You like the blueberry, what sort of percentages you using, I've only tested it as a standalone, was not impressed

I initially thought flavourart seemed expensive - especially in comparison to to inawera and Wera Garden. BTW, if you have a choice of inawera or WG for any flavour, I'd say go for WG pretty much every time, theyre the posh line. (similar to a lexus and toyota, made in the same factory but with better parts).
I probably used inawera only for 2 years but then I bit the bullet and ordered from FlavourArt as I realised I'd bought their caramel from someone else and it was lovely. I certainly don't regret it.
I can't say much about the flavours you've picked; I went fruity so far from them. my next order is the meringue, cookie, zeppola etc to make up some nice mixes
PLUS, they're lovely people there. if you email them they'll give loads of advice (they have a section on their site about learning to mix). As they don't have dark chocolate I emailed to ask what they suggested. they told me what they use in their own mixes; I couldn't ask for more than that.

My price comparison is easy: I work on the figure that if I'm only using £1 to £1.50 of concentrate to make 100ml of good juice - that's a bargain in my book.
One of the best flavours I ever tried is totally wicked's forest fruits. £4.99 for 20ml - to be used at 20%!!..... Seriously?? a fiver for enough concentrate to make just 100ml? that's nuts. I only ever bought it once.

I can understand that when you have blends like the dripworx lines that have been developed to be totally unique, that's a different matter because it's a whole different ball park. but the simple stuff at those prices? nope.

I'll give that a try, i tried 5% maybe that's the problem, most of my inawera stuff is mixed at 7_8%

something useful I was told by the nice folks at flavourart...... too much concentrate can make the liquid 'perfumey'.
so when I get a new one I look at the maker's recommendation then start low and work my way upwards

Great selection from Inawera and wise choice ordering directly from them.
The standouts for me is their lemon cake, this at 4%, as a stand a lone is just mind blowing. Realistic and also their black currant.
If you like ribena then you'll want this!
Their milk chocolate is also very realistic.
All in all you have made some great choices and you will have some great mixes!

Back
Top Bottom