What's new

Want to Diy & im lost!

henrytd5

Initiate
Hey everone. Im new to this forum but it seems like its the best one to be on.
Im wanting to start and make my own e liquid as the costs of buying from a shop is starting to mount up. i get x2 30ml bottle for £15 quid and that only lasts me about 4 days.

Im using a cool fire iv. with a iSubG tank, burning at 20w.

The juice I buy at the minute in 80vg/20pg 6mg.. I personally want a better hit in the throat to reduce the amount of times im puffing on my cig.

Ive read alot of pages and boards about crafting your own e-liquid in the last day or so. But Im a little lost, confused or just plain dumb at the minute..

So back to the basics with my aim in mind.. (more hit in the throat) Do I get the 80pg/20vg base then get 72mg(onlyone i can find atm) nicotine and then the required flavouring or go with 100% pg, or 100%vg or a 50/50?!!

Im just unsure on alot of things at the minute so any help would be greatly appritiated.

Thankyou

Don't go for a premixed base. These may seem easier but they cost more and get complicated if you vary your flavour percentage or nic level.

Get separate vg and pg, nic, flavours and syringes from Dark Star, bottles from Lubrisolve or Lucemill.

Hi, more pg will give you a throat hit...I use lucemill for vg/pg/nic and bottles.
You are best getting 100vg and 100 vg...makes mixing ratio's easier.
72mg nicotine is the strongest available to buy in th UK.
3ml pipette's are available on amazon/ebay good for dispensing the nic.
concentrates, chefs flavours/thee ecig shop/mixshop is a good place to start....one shots save you buying lots of concentrates.
there is also flavour boss...check em out.

Last edited:
Thankyou for your response firstly! So I buy the vg & pg (not pre mixed together) and possibly follow a recipe that has higher pg... like a 60pg/40vg
or a 70pg/30vg (maybe to strong?) Ideally I want the final nicotine strength around 6-8. 1 month ago I was smoking a innokin t22 with 2.4mg juice, so Im really finding it hard with the reduction in nicotine now im only on 0.6 juice.

Don't go for a premixed base. These may seem easier but they cost more and get complicated if you vary your flavour percentage or nic level.

Get separate vg and pg, nic, flavours and syringes from Dark Star, bottles from Lubrisolve or Lucemill.
Didnt see you message until I wrote my reply. Sorry mate, Thankyou for the advice. Im getting somewhere now.. Just need to decide on my strengths and make a plan. Im looking to start making asap.

cheers

and if my recipe is biased towards the pg, do i get a pg nicotine?
Yes, it's better to. I generally mix 70vg 30 pg and use pg nicotine. If you are going for more pg than that then definitely pg nicotine.
I get all my liquids except concentrates from darkstar.

Yeah go for NIC in Pg easier to use. As above start on one shots or a boss shot, start of on 10 or 5 ml mixes until you find your way

One thing i would suggest is grab a few one shot concentrates before u decide to dabble on more complex recipes. I made that mistake and ended up gettinf put off but jamp back in with some one shots and now i just prefer to do that.

Back
Top Bottom