What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

VG too watery? help

viper

Achiever
Hi,

I will start by saying that I have had this issue before and did post on here before. It was resolved but now I'm having this problem again.

Okay the issue is that the liquids that I am making are too watery/thin. They shoot up so fast on the glass pipette that it just doesnt seem normal at all. I know the juice never used to go up that quick, it was always a slightly slow drag.
The juice is tasting fine but I'm just wondering why this is happening and if its okay to continue vaping it?

I first experienced this issue with Darkstar's VG juice, never tried it before but there was a good deal on so I grabbed a bottle which I then returned.

I am now back to using Classikool for vg and pg. I got a new bottle delivered the other day, straight away I made a lil mix and I am noticing it is too watery.

At first I thought it might be my bottles or cause my room is always too warm but I have to rule those out as this is a brand new bottle of vg and pg that I got as well as new concentrates. The ratio of the mixes that I make are 70VG 30PG, 3mg nic also in VG 72mg strength.

Any thoughts?

If you can't think of any reason why its happening then can you please recommend a good VG bottle to get? I could buy a small size bottle and try that out to see if that fixes it.

Thanks

Hi mate. I dont have a real answer for you but i have noticed a slight difference in viscosity from Vg I got from one shop to one from another. One sells non palm organic, seems just slightly less viscous as another which isn't eco friendly, the best way i can put it. The difference isnt huge, its only just noticeable. But both vape, mix and taste exactly the same so it doesn't really bother me at all. I did notice it though. Took a smidge less pressure to squeeze it out of the bottle with its twist cap and flowed just a smidge easier. Doesnt worry me though. Maybe its just the source it comes from. That's what I put it down to.
Maybe that is the answer, who knows.
Cheers.

i have never used that brand of vg, havent heard it mentioned on here before either, personally i use vg from Lubrisolve and it is very good and a cracking price, alot of people speak highly of lucemill aswell

Hi - I have noticed quite a difference in the thickness of VG from different suppliers, in fact I think sometimes the stuff I am buying is more likely to be AG ( 10% water ) than VG.

If you want a small bottle to try go to Boots, you can get it in 200ml bottles and its seriously thick, it will add hours to your mixing just trying to get it out the bottle, lol.

Some people say it mutes flavours, I haven't had this problem when I have used it but I generally buy other VG in bulk now.

hi, viper
have thought about where you keep your vg, I put mine in the fridge from both Darkstar and Classikool with my nic, and it went so thick i could'nt suck it out with big wide syringe, so i now keep all my juice in the cupboard under the stairs which is the coolest place in my house i also put my juice to steep there to, even when i make some juice up @70/30 and i bring it in to the living room it always goes a bit thiner at room temp i've even noticed if i chain vape it goes even more thinner in the tank,,
something for you to think about and i hope this will help you in anyway

hi, viper
have thought about where you keep your vg, I put mine in the fridge from both Darkstar and Classikool with my nic, and it went so thick i could'nt suck it out with big wide syringe, so i now keep all my juice in the cupboard under the stairs which is the coolest place in my house i also put my juice to steep there to, even when i make some juice up @70/30 and i bring it in to the living room it always goes a bit thiner at room temp i've even noticed if i chain vape it goes even more thinner in the tank,,
something for you to think about and i hope this will help you in anyway

Thank you for pointing that out. I normally store all my liquids, including nic, vg, mixed bottles, concentrates all in a large plastic storage box with a lid on it. I keep that box in my cupboard.

Hmm I gather my liquids are fine and if I want it to be more thick then store it in a fridge or try the alternative vg brands as others have mentioned.

Thank you!

Have a great weekend :)

A big thank you to everyone for getting back to me so quickly on this post, really appreciate it.

I'm guessing my issue isn't major and I can carry on vaping what I have. Some of the liquids I have are over 5-6 months steeped and even they are thin like that. But I'm still getting huge clouds, I fog my room out like a junkie at night lol Flavour is also great.

I will defo try the boots and that other vg bottle that was mentioned.

But hey if anyone else has something further to add then please feel free to mention it.

Have a great weekend everyone! :)

Back
Top Bottom