What's new

Vg/Pg Premixed

MartSmith1979

Postman
Hi guys,
Used to make my own liquid, but never got round to built more base liquid.

Been looking at getting back to it this morning, and found a lot of premixed vg/pg base mix.

Majority of branded liquid I buy is usually 70/30, so if buying vg/pg premixed base should I be aiming for 70/30 pre mix then added my desired flavouring, or am I Best Buying vg/pg separately.

I assume the premixed base liquid is just to save time in mixing both at home? Then adding flavour

Replied what I've been told on your previous post but loads here thay will have more ideas and knowledge mateb

I always buy VG and PG separate. It don't really see the advantage of having them together.

How much time are you going to save, the time it takes to put one bottle down, put the lid on and pick up another bottle?

I guess it depends on whether you are mixing from scratch by weight or if you are just dumping a one shot flavour in a bottle and filling it up with VG/PG mix.

If you think it will make life easier then get the pre-mixed base, all it will do limit your ability to get an exact final ratio, or complicate the process of getting to it.... which you might or might not care about.

Replied what I've been told on your previous post but loads here thay will have more ideas and knowledge mateb

Thanks Sam, I thought I’d pop a post in the mixology section so I didn’t get into trouble by posting in the wrong section haha

I always buy VG and PG separate. It don't really see the advantage of having them together.

How much time are you going to save, the time it takes to put one bottle down, put the lid on and pick up another bottle?

I guess it depends on whether you are mixing from scratch by weight or if you are just dumping a one shot flavour in a bottle and filling it up with VG/PG mix.

If you think it will make life easier then get the pre-mixed base, all it will do limit your ability to get an exact final ratio, or complicate the process of getting to it.... which you might or might not care about.

Last time I made my own, I did buy everything separate, however on a few occasions I lost count of how much of each I popped in the bottle. No, it’s not going to save a hell of a lot of time.

Think I will just stick with what I know and buy them separately. Otherwise I will just end up confusing myself when using a mixing calculator.

sounds a lot simpler buying pre mixed but its not.
you want to end up with 70/30 but then you have to add concentrate which is usually in pg and then nic shots which you can buy either 100pg, 50/50, 70/30,100vg so you will never really get your final mix to 70vg without a lot of faff.
buy seperate, buy cheap scales, use a calculator and its easy peasy once you get the hang of it.
post 6 might help with scales,calculator,nic shots and everything else diy POTV Vendors & Recommended E Liquid Suppliers

Last time I made my own, I did buy everything separate, however on a few occasions I lost count of how much of each I popped in the bottle. No, it’s not going to save a hell of a lot of time.

Think I will just stick with what I know and buy them separately. Otherwise I will just end up confusing myself when using a mixing calculator.

lol, that's how I feel.... it's supposed to make things easier, but it would just confuse me too.

Thanks Guys.

As per my other post, my go to flavour is Blackcurrant, ice, menthol, favourite is Blackjack, I assume I would have to buy a Blackcurrant concentrate and separate menthol or ice, alternatively buy ice nic shots? Or can I buy a premixed Blackcurrant ice concentrate?

Back
Top Bottom