What's new

vapours-r-us

So I have ordered and mixed 3 different flavours from VRU so far, jam on toast, rasperry ripple and jammy wagon wheel, was going to order some new concentrates to try and I noticed this on the website

I saw the message below now I see they sell Ethyl Maltol and it says to mix at 10% but it doesn't say what concentrates you should add this too so I'm a bit confused as to if they all need it or it's down to personal preference

I remember reading someone on here @Mr Numpty talkjng about using this so just looking for a bit of guidance really and whether the juice needs this and how much of a difference it makes

All our flavours are produced and made safe to vape, none of these flavours contain diacetyl, as this adds the buttery sweetness in flavours and foods. Diacetyl is safe to eat, but not safe to vape. You may need to add a sweetener to replace missing taste for not having diacetyl inside.
Don't use Ethyl maltol at 10% think your mixing this up ( Ethyl maltol normally comes concentrated at 10%) meaning 10% is concentrated into 90% pg = the amount you purchase. Ethyl maltol should be used at 1%. It's not as sweet as sucralose and is more of a candyfloss sweet than sugary sucralose. You can also use candyfloss at same %. I don't use any sweetener but have used in the past but now I just use other flavours that are sweet instead of using sweeteners as they gunk up coils VERY fast!

Don't use Ethyl maltol at 10% think your mixing this up ( Ethyl maltol normally comes concentrated at 10%) meaning 10% is concentrated into 90% pg = the amount you purchase. Ethyl maltol should be used at 1%. It's not as sweet as sucralose and is more of a candyfloss sweet than sugary sucralose. You can also use candyfloss at same %. I don't use any sweetener but have used in the past but now I just use other flavours that are sweet instead of using sweeteners as they gunk up coils VERY fast!

I totally agree...I mixed a bog standard strawberry milk recently and vaped around a 100ml of it with very happy wicks and coils. Then I had the bright idea of adding a few drops of candyfloss to another 100ml to give it a slightly sweeter flavour profile, it certainly did that but every couple of days I found I was rewicking.
Crazy how just the tiniest amount of sweetener can cause a juice to be a coil gunker.

Can the sweetners in juice cause damage to your teeth ?
Sucralose isn't like sugar. The bacteria in your mouth can't process sweetener into the acids that attack tooth enamel.

There has been more worries over VG or glycerine coating and preventing re-mineralisation of teeth... but considering VG is in every modern toothpaste on the market today...erm I don't think there is anything to worry about lol

I really think that some NHS dentists have been carrying out covert studies...about 2 years ago I went to the dentists for my 6 month check. She said my gums were improving in colour, so I told her I gave up smoking and started vaping...all of a sudden I was attending the dentist every 3 months for no reason...luckily at the time I was nhs charges exempt otherwise I would have been giving them the finger!

Sucralose isn't like sugar. The bacteria in your mouth can't process sweetener into the acids that attack tooth enamel.

There has been more worries over VG or glycerine coating and preventing re-mineralisation of teeth... but considering VG is in every modern toothpaste on the market today...erm I don't think there is anything to worry about lol

I really think that some NHS dentists have been carrying out covert studies...about 2 years ago I went to the dentists for my 6 month check. She said my gums were improving in colour, so I told her I gave up smoking and started vaping...all of a sudden I was attending the dentist every 3 months for no reason...luckily at the time I was nhs charges exempt otherwise I would have been giving them the finger!
cheers mate it was jus the Mrs was complaining of sensitive teeth since she started vaping and quitting the cigs 3 months ago but after reading this and explaining it to her I had a realisation

Drinks coffee with 2 sugars probably half a dozen times a day so I got an empty glass and counted out the 12 teaspoons of sugar into it which was quite scary and showed it too her and said there is a good chance this is starting to play a big part in the problem

I know when you smoke the blood vessels in your mouth are constricted and smoking can mask a lot of tooth issues

Given she's only 3 months in i reckon her teeth and gums are just getting back to full health

She's one of the annoying folk who smoked for 20 years and has perfect teeth, whiter than white and never had a filling

I noticed a couple of weeks ago my coffee was giving me sore teeth but figured it must be the sugar so switched to sweetners, they taste rank in coffee so now I drink 1 coffee in the morning with 1 sugar and the rest of the day it's tea with 2 sweetners which I actually prefer to the coffee and sugar

I just wanted to ask on here about the sweetners in juice to make sure I wasn't giving her duff info

Last edited:
cheers mate it was jus the Mrs was complaining of sensitive teeth since she started vaping and quitting the cigs 3 months ago but after reading this and explaining it to her I had a realisation

Drinks coffee with 2 sugars probably half a dozen times a day so I got an empty glass and counted out the 12 teaspoons of sugar into it which was quite scary and showed it too her and said there is a good chance this is starting to play a big part in the problem

I know when you smoke the blood vessels in your mouth are constricted and smoking can mask a lot of tooth issues

Given she's only 3 months in i reckon her teeth and gums are just getting back to full health

She's one of the annoying folk who smoked for 20 years and has perfect teeth, whiter than white and never had a filling

I noticed a couple of weeks ago my coffee was giving me sore teeth but figured it must be the sugar so switched to sweetners, they taste rank in coffee so now I drink 1 coffee in the morning with 1 sugar and the rest of the day it's tea with 2 sweetners which I actually prefer to the coffee and sugar

I just wanted to ask on here about the sweetners in juice to make sure I wasn't giving her duff info
Sounds like normal quit smoking effects to me...gotta think when you smoke your mouth is first point of attack and the damage begins there. Even if her teeth look the pearliest of white, her gums and tooth internals could have been battered by the chemicals in the tobacco smoke.

The sensitivity could be just the tissues repairing themselves and inevitably waking back up as chems in tobacco smoke are designed to numb tissues to make the nicotine delivery easier.

If she is really bothered by the pain just get the dentist involved...I am sure they will help bud

Sounds like normal quit smoking effects to me...gotta think when you smoke your mouth is first point of attack and the damage begins there. Even if her teeth look the pearliest of white, her gums and tooth internals could have been battered by the chemicals in the tobacco smoke.

The sensitivity could be just the tissues repairing themselves and inevitably waking back up as chems in tobacco smoke are designed to numb tissues to make the nicotine delivery easier.

If she is really bothered by the pain just get the dentist involved...I am sure they will help bud
aye see when I showed her the daily sugar consumption she was shocked and has said she'll be ditching the sugar and switching to sweetners

I explained about the teeth and gums repairing themselves aswell

She has the dentist next week so hopefully that'll be the end of it

It was just when she asked if the juice could be causing the sensitivity I had a "I hope not" moment as I vape sweet juices constantly

Cheers for the help bud much appreciated

Putting sugar in coffee is on a level with putting water in whisky. What's wrong with you man?

Back
Top Bottom