What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

vapours-r-us

So after the mishap with the refreshers mixed @ 20% 70/30 I found it way to strong and harsh. I took it down to 15% 80/20 and its a really nice vape! it needed the extra vg to smooth it out, just tastes like refreshers. My girlfriend loves the stuff. It is a slightly harsh vape with the sherbert in the background.

Black stairs I first mixed it at 15% 70/30 and it was mind blowing strong! So i took it down to 10% 80/20 with 1% Em now I love the stuff. It is a grower.

Blueberry bubble gum now tastes like the 5p bubble gums :-)

Strawberry cheese cake 6/10 not much strawberry tastes a bit watered down mixed @ 20% 70/30 gonna leave it a few weeks and try it again.

Arriving tomorrow American cheesecake.

It's only a recommendation @aden, some people like yourself mix at 10% with things tasting perfect. Other people can mix the same thing and not taste anything at all.

I've tried to mix some of our flavours at 10% and found them too weak, like I can't vape Black Stairs at 10% because It's way too weak for me. 20% is perfect! Other people can't handle it at 20%.

Hope that helps a little. :57:

I've got some Grape Medley but haven't mixed it yet, wish I had now :D

Did have a bit of a brewing session over the weekend, mixed 500mls of juice, Lemon & Lime with 10% Koolada, Cy-Clone, Witches Brew, Melonberry Delight & Pancake but that's not from VRU ;)

I'm a bit scared to try Witches Brew, it has a cool green colour to it & smells like Aftershock or something :D

I've tried a few new ones over the last couple of weeks but can't remember them all to be honest, all at 20%:

Jellyfish - is nice, never tried the sweets but it's nice & mellow not one to hit the top three lists though, didn't wow me
Blueberry Bubblegum - Tastes exactly as you'd think, pretty spot on & a winner
Vanilla Milkshake - quite bland, more milk than vanilla, very smooth & vapable but Banana Milkshake kicks it's ass in my book
Strawberry Milkshake - very decent, tastes as you'd expect again but Banana still trumps it
Skittles- Lovely and fruity

By the weekend me Strawberry Custard & Custard Donut should be ready to try!! :2thumbsup:

Been reading through everyone's hints and tips for recipes and wanted to ask a question, why does everyone use approx 20%???

I use the recommended 10% on all of it and never had an issue, is it vapers tongue or am I missing something? Could my steeping process be that different (in the dark in my airing cupboard so kept warm with it being shook a handful of times a day). Just keen to know if I'm going wrong or right with this as been using VRU for nearly a year now.

Nah, it's fine pal, I think the recommendation is 10-20%, it's just down to personal taste. 20% is too strong for some as I found out with Blue Water & Black Stairs at 15% is too strong for me

Last edited:
Arriving tomorrow American cheesecake.

I've got some of that steeping at the moment, it's had about 4 weeks but I want to give it 8, have high hopes for it

Any recommendations on dessert mixes? There's loads of choice of fruity but I'm running out of desserts to try, depends on how the American Cheesecake is, if I like that I'll try the other cheesecakes

I'm thinking of the chocolate ones, chocolate & pancakes or something though I didn't like 26 Mile

Tried Pancake & Maple Syrup @johnnyace ? That stuff smells, and tastes, absolutely amazing.

I have been tempted by the pancakes Kershy, before I started using VRU I brought two 30ml bottles of Pancake Bloke concentrate from Chef's, I've only just finished off the one bottle as I really wasn't keen on it & want to get it used up before I buy anymore pancake based concentrates. I find Chef's way too maple based to be honest. Is the VRU one a bit softer on the maple?

Are there any chocolates ones you've given a try? I had a banana, chocolate & peanut juice before I even started mixing & it was amazing, I'm thinking of mixing 12% Banana Milkshake with 8% Chocolate & peanut as a bit of an experiment to see if I can get anywhere near it

To me, it has more of a Pancake taste with a hint of Maple Syrup. I'd love to vape it but I'm too impatient to steep liquids. :P

Chocolate ones I'd recommend are Chocolate Doughnut, Wagon Wheel, Chocolate Fruit & Nut, Chocolate Mint, Chocolate Custard.

You can also add Chocolate to quite a few of our flavours and it tastes better than you'd think. Chocolate & Marshmallow is pretty neat, adding it to the Toffee Cheesecake too, that's a good one.

Awesome, thank you pal, I'll pick up a couple of those next order, especially Chocolate Custard as I'm a massive fan of the Vanilla Custard. Do need to get me some Marshmellow too :D

Back
Top Bottom