What's new

Using Chefs Flavours One shots

mav2000

Postman
Hey guys. Just recently started mixing my own juice and I thought it would be good to start off with one shots rather than to mix the flavours as well. All the one shots I ordered are custard/desserts.

Ordered a couple of one shots from chefs flavours and mixed it up using 75:25 VG PG and 3 mg of nic. Sadly, even after steeping some of them for over a month now, they taste very very bland. I basically used a small graduated borosil beaker to get my Ml's right.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I be mixing it by weight?

Any and all help will be of great help to me before I order some more one shots.

Did you mix them at the recommended percentage? And which flavours are they?
Chefs gear is usually solid.

hi
just shows how much i know as i thought one shots came in a large bottle and all you had to do is top up with vg/pg/nic :)

iive only just started with concentrates and not used one shots before so had a quick look on chefs and one said use 15-20%
you will need a calculator like this http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html
add you % on bottom left then add vg/pg % and nic and result is on right as to how much to add.

this is for 30ml at 20% concentrate with 1.8nic at 3mg
t.JPG

if im wrong then someone tell me to shut up :D:D

Last edited:
Hey guys. Just recently started mixing my own juice and I thought it would be good to start off with one shots rather than to mix the flavours as well. All the one shots I ordered are custard/desserts.

Ordered a couple of one shots from chefs flavours and mixed it up using 75:25 VG PG and 3 mg of nic. Sadly, even after steeping some of them for over a month now, they taste very very bland. I basically used a small graduated borosil beaker to get my Ml's right.

Am I doing something wrong? Should I be mixing it by weight?

Any and all help will be of great help to me before I order some more one shots.

I mixed up some Welsh Custard and Christmas Custard from Chefs a few months ago, and they were meh as well.
I've mixed them with other juices to get a better flavour.

Thanks for the reply guys. Yes Welsh was one of them as well. I will try with the steam engine calculator next time, but need some help trying to understand if anything else is required. Should I go by weight or am I doing it right by volume? Volume as you know may have a little extra or less as compared to weight

Thanks for the reply guys. Yes Welsh was one of them as well. I will try with the steam engine calculator next time, but need some help trying to understand if anything else is required. Should I go by weight or am I doing it right by volume? Volume as you know may have a little extra or less as compared to weight
I go by volume using a syringe and a 100ml mixing cup.

i bought syringes but with no blunt needles and pipetes but have not used them yet. only mixed up a few small bottles with scales i bought off ebay for £7 and its easier than i thought.

Does anyone know of a very good one shot strawberry/strawberry milk? So far I've heard excellent reviews on the chefs vapour strawberry juice one shot from chefsvapours, along with the ice cream man strawberry, both mixed at 20% though so works out one of the dearer options.
Reason I'm going to get back into mixing is just got a Kylin and it ploughs through the juice!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom