What's new

Using aqueous glycerin

Yeah, definitely what I have, reason I use it is I don't want more than 20% PG.
Most flavour concentrates are PG, so I only have two things to mix AVG and flavour, job done.

Overall viscosity when mixed seems some where between a 60/40, and a 70/30 juice.

Maybe I should try it, rather than just judging by eye.

Just a bit more info on the above

AG weight at room temp for VG with 10% added distilled water 1.237 grams per ml

*VG weight at room temp pure VG 1.262 grams per ml

*Boiling point of VG 290°C

Boiling point of AG @10% distilled water 138°C

Both AG and VG are Clear, almost colourless/odourless

The industry standard acronym for Vegetable glycerol/Glycerin is VG

The industry standard acronym for Vegetable glycerol/Glycerin with added water is AG

VG is a very Viscous thick syrup liquid —- Distilled water is added to VG making AG far more workable than VG and lowers the boiling point

Both VG and AG are very sweet tasting liquids between 55 to 75 percent as sweet as sucrose

Just a bit more info on the above

AG weight at room temp for VG with 10% added distilled water 1.237 grams per ml

*VG weight at room temp pure VG 1.262 grams per ml

*Boiling point of VG 290°C

Boiling point of AG @10% distilled water 138°C

Both AG and VG are Clear, almost colourless/odourless

The industry standard acronym for Vegetable glycerol/Glycerin is VG

The industry standard acronym for Vegetable glycerol/Glycerin with added water is AG

VG is a very Viscous thick syrup liquid —- Distilled water is added to VG making AG far more workable than VG and lowers the boiling point

Both VG and AG are very sweet tasting liquids between 55 to 75 percent as sweet as sucrose

I've just weighed some, 1.17 grams per ml, which works out to about 65/35.

Bad luck mate.

Only thing I can suggest is if it's way off spec contact them for replacement, plus compensation for what you have had to waste, or blag another 10 to 20 litres of standard VG to thicken it up, but you will need a big mixing bucket................

I contacted them but they haven't replied. I did get another 10 litres of VG after that, but I'm diluting at 2/1 so I'll need 10 more to get through it.

I contacted them but they haven't replied. I did get another 10 litres of VG after that, but I'm diluting at 2/1 so I'll need 10 more to get through it.

Good god man, what are you going to do with that lot..................

Mind you I need order some more, so if you can get it right at 10% I could take some off your hands.

Back
Top Bottom