What's new

Unofficial diy allotment

No, looks like you need to be careful with the %......looks a tad too sweet for me.... im on the borderline of sweetness with what Im on tonight......Im going to have to drop the pistachio n butterscotch down, along with the Whore and increase the biscuit.... and get the mix to 20% or under....let us know how it is though
Jeees this stuff is potent.
I put 5 drops in a 10ml finished recipe and it completely took over.
Not unpleasant but still swamped the juice beyond recognition.
Spent a few minutes working out what percentage 5 drops in 10ml was and its 5X the recommended dosage.
It's recommended @ 5% max which is only one drop per 10ml.
Just tried it again at 0.25% and its still a little too much in my recipe.
It's giving the same notes as MFI but i think the fried part of that recipe is from Zeppola.
I'll leave it where it is and see if it mellows.

If i had to describe the flavour notes I'd say its like tasting the air inside a bakery factory proover. Brioche springs to mind.
I wouldn't describe it as sweet at 0.25% but it has taken the edge of the citrus notes in my juice.

Jeees this stuff is potent.
I put 5 drops in a 10ml finished recipe and it completely took over.
Not unpleasant but still swamped the juice beyond recognition.
Spent a few minutes working out what percentage 5 drops in 10ml was and its 5X the recommended dosage.
It's recommended @ 5% max which is only one drop per 10ml.
Just tried it again at 0.25% and its still a little too much in my recipe.
It's giving the same notes as MFI but i think the fried part of that recipe is from Zeppola.
I'll leave it where it is and see if it mellows.

If i had to describe the flavour notes I'd say its like tasting the air inside a bakery factory proover. Brioche springs to mind.
I wouldn't describe it as sweet at 0.25% but it has taken the edge of the citrus notes in my juice.

Aye it worried me the % thing.......keep buggering on as Churchill would say.
can you post your recipe for spearmint pistachio ice cream....I have the concentrates at hand...prob different brands, but as a starter fur 10...I will give it a go

Aye it worried me the % thing.......keep buggering on as Churchill would say.
can you post your recipe for spearmint pistachio ice cream....I have the concentrates at hand...prob different brands, but as a starter fur 10...I will give it a go
Here it is but it's not quite finished.
Just waiting see if the creams come through a little more cos the Spearmint is still a little dominant for me @ 0.3%.

20190810_110437.jpg

Good man....I will have a play about
It's pretty good as it is and does give a refreshing vibe if i do say so myself but unless the creams and Pistachio come through further I'll probably drop the Spearmint down to 0.2%.

Can you let me know what you think please?

Morning, so I am trying today the 2.5% AM4A + 0.5% smoke and prunes, mixed on 21/7, in the fat Kayfun (v5^2). It is pleasant, but not what I expected. Frankly I get a lot of chocolate from it, which I never did from AM4A without boosting it with some type of cocoa. It is also sweet and not smokey. Currently vaping it at 35-40W, but if I push it to let's say 50 I get more of the liquorice and tobacco I know from AM4A.

Edit: vaping it all day and it is growing on me, I bet it is being carried by AM4A. It is pleasant, it has depth and the AM4A tricks are there. Not a real ADV but I will probably split it out and try some additions, perhaps some FA Nut mix, perhaps some INW Biscuit, perhaps some RY4D :)

There's something going on, I recently disassembled the atomizer because it wasn't reading on any mod and put everything back in place after a thorough cleaning. It works now but with a 3mm ID fused Clapton, 5 wraps I got 0.2 Ohm on the Ohm metre, 0.15 on the Drag 2 and 0.36 on the Steam Crave Titan PWM. According to steam-engine the Steam Crave mod reading is what the coil should be, and from experience I'd expect that coil to hit right around there (2x26+36 Ni80) - I never bother too much with resistance anymore, I just find my sweet spot unless on a mech.

Overall happy, both for the juice and that the atty is working again, that El Gordo Kayfun is just great, it IS a Kayfun 5, just bigger, can't explain it, the draw is just...Kayfun! Maybe I'll do a review of it even though it's old.

Last edited:
Ok, so here are my initial findings on the flavours I've tried with the chow.

So the chow is mixed at 10% and everything has been tried on the same rda, a Jorda B with a 2.5id 1.4ohm Kanthal coil at 13W.

All juices have been left for 10 days after adding the extra flavours.

FLW Ginger @ 6%

This was ok but although the ginger wasn't overpowering in itself, the chow seemed a little muted. Maybe I should try less ginger?

INW Coconut @ 3%

This is nice, a nice smooth chow on the way in with a creamy coconut on the exhale. A keeper [emoji1303]

INW Custard @ 3%

This is a lovely creamy chow on the inhale with a hint of custard on the exhale. I think I'll try some other custards or custard blends but this isn't too bad as it is.

CAP Sicilian Lemon @ 5%

This is ok but the lemon is very faint. I'm going to have to up the % a little, I think.

CAP Cup a Joe @ 10%

This is very nice although the coffee notes need bringing forward just a little bit, perhaps another % or two will do the trick?

INW Plum @ 3%

I had high hopes for this as it smells gorgeous. Alas, it's not quite working and I think it needs a touch more plum.

INW Banana @ 3%

Wow!! This one just works, lovely chow flavour which the banana compliments perfectly [emoji1303]

In summary, the coconut and banana mixes are spot and I'll be mixing more of these, the other flavours need a little work but 2 out of 7 good 'uns is pretty good I think [emoji1303]

Back
Top Bottom