What's new

Unofficial diy allotment

zouzounaki

Olympian
The threads on concentrates and diy mixing are a bit fragmented. Not enough people post in this section. So I think we should have an allotment thread in this forum.

What interesting concentrates have you been trying, @Simon G @ObiWanVaponi @Horrand ?

I dug out the oba oba recently and still think it tastes like cream soda.

Red for pipe tastes like some kind of sweets from the eighties that I can remember the name of.

What’s the best caramel?

I don't think I've tried any caramel, only DIYFS Holy Grail RY4 (which is being reformulated into v2 unfortunately).

I've recently bought Parma Violets and Dandelion & Burdock by Decadent Vapours. At 7% the parma violet tastes just like the sweets - it's slightly perfumey and a little bit dry/chalky. The D&B i mixed at 5% and it's quite heavy on the herb/anise side of things, it tastes like Jaegermeister currently, not sure if it will calm down with a steep.

The threads on concentrates and diy mixing are a bit fragmented. Not enough people post in this section. So I think we should have an allotment thread in this forum.

What interesting concentrates have you been trying, @Simon G @ObiWanVaponi @Horrand ?

Red for pipe tastes like some kind of sweets from the eighties that I can remember the name of.

What’s the best caramel?

Hi zou. I recently started mixing again after a couple of years away from it. The latest ones I'm playing with are FA Forest Fruits, FLV Berry Blend, Cap Harvest Berry, a few lemonades and lemons. I'm aiming for a sweet / sour, creamy berry lemonade... Obviously :D The first attempt is tasting really good but a little too tarty so needs a tweak.

Still to sample Oba Oba but I have a bottle thats 3 years out of date haha Thanks for reminding me, I'll have a play over the weekend.

I tried hundreds of flavour concentrates a while back, it became a bit of a temporary obsession :D If I remember rightly from a fair few caramels I tried I liked FA caramel most. I think TFA's (original) came second place followed by Cap's. FW salted caramel is tasty too. Better ones may be out there but I think you'll be fairly happy with those options. It must be an easy flavour to make because there are a fair few good ones. I imagine blending a couple of them would give great results.

Last edited:
FW Salted Caramel or TPA Caramel Original (original is part of the name, the regular 'caramel' is junk)

FW for tobacco and dark biscuit flavours, TPA for lighter stuff like caramel ice cream.

New concentrates? I got Flavorah blueberry muffin the other week, I've not used it yet but I'm hoping it will be pretty good on it's own with just a little cream or custard.

As I mentioned before Cap caramel tastes like maple syrup to me and if I recall FA was good in taste but a bit thin and not really doing the rich creamy caramel thing like FW does.

a couple of the Dulce de Leche's are worth a look, Flavor West Dulce de Leche is like an extra creamy caramel and TPA Dulce de Leche is like caramel mixed with sweet cream and a touch of chocolate.

What’s the best caramel?

Oh I love cream soda!! But I don't drink pop anymore.
Haven't had one since January 2010.. had my tonsils out and I went on a diet at the same time. Cut out sugar and pop even diet pop. Can't drink it now it burns my throat. But I soooo miss cream soda :( would love to be able to taste it again

I've mostly been vaping Forest Mix by Jungle Flavours lately. Its the first mixed berry conc I really like. I cannot stand CAPs Harvest Berry and I find FAs Forest fruits to sweet and has a weird chemical taste to me.

I found the caramels I've tried have been more brown sugar than caramel. As above I think FA and TPA's original are the best. TPA also do 'Dulce de Leche Caramel' as well as standard DDL which is sort of deep and rich, and that sort of smokiness you get from a good coffee but without any real sweetness. I think a mix of that with FA caramel could work, not tried yet though.

I'm also a bit obsessed with INW Creme Brulee as well. Mixed with a bit of InW Custard and InW Coconut is lovely. Doesn't need much of a steep either.

Other than that, just been on a couple of Wonder Flavours stand-alones - Saskatoon berries, and Snake Fruit.

I've mostly been vaping Forest Mix by Jungle Flavours lately. Its the first mixed berry conc I really like. I cannot stand CAPs Harvest Berry and I find FAs Forest fruits to sweet and has a weird chemical taste to me.

I found the caramels I've tried have been more brown sugar than caramel. As above I think FA and TPA's original are the best. TPA also do 'Dulce de Leche Caramel' as well as standard DDL which is sort of deep and rich, and that sort of smokiness you get from a good coffee but without any real sweetness. I think a mix of that with FA caramel could work, not tried yet though.

I'm also a bit obsessed with INW Creme Brulee as well. Mixed with a bit of InW Custard and InW Coconut is lovely. Doesn't need much of a steep either.

Other than that, just been on a couple of Wonder Flavours stand-alones - Saskatoon berries, and Snake Fruit.

Do you have much experience with other coconuts? I struggle with Inawera's a bit I find it tastes a bit husky, raw and dry.... but I guess you don't notice that in a thick creamy custard. :)

I have FW Creamy coconut, which I like more, but it's too creamy and sweet sometimes.

In my last vapable order I got Inawera's shisha coconut and FA coconut (they have it in their art italiano range now) but I've not played with them yet. The shisha smells quite good but the FA smells terrible.... especially this time of the year, it's proper suntan lotion. :D

As I mentioned before Cap caramel tastes like maple syrup to me and if I recall FA was good in taste but a bit thin and not really doing the rich creamy caramel thing like FW does.

a couple of the Dulce de Leche's are worth a look, Flavor West Dulce de Leche is like an extra creamy caramel and TPA Dulce de Leche is like caramel mixed with sweet cream and a touch of chocolate.

I got the two you recommended before, the FW salted caramel and the one that tastes a bit like maple. I thought they were good, but not that focused in the caramel and not very strong. I’m thinking I might not have mixed them strong enough. Might try them again.

I agree the FA is a bit dry, it’s the most accurate one I’ve tried though. A drop or two of condensed milk sorts it right out.

I got the two you recommended before, the FW salted caramel and the one that tastes a bit like maple. I thought they were good, but not that focused in the caramel and not very strong. I’m thinking I might not have mixed them strong enough. Might try them again.

I agree the FA is a bit dry, it’s the most accurate one I’ve tried though. A drop or two of condensed milk sorts it right out.

yeah those are 5%ers, not this couple of drops nonsense. ;) :D

Back
Top Bottom