What's new

Un/semi flavoured sherbet concentrates

Peter Goodman

Postman
Greetings Planeteers
Fizzy Sherbet from Vapetrain Australia is currently unavailable in UK. Does anyone know of a similar concentrate in UK? Looking for something to convert "normal" flavours, especially friuts, to their sherbet equivalent.
Thank you.

Mmm, been down this track, sort of. I made a lemon sherbet with Inw lemon and FA champagne. Nothing "fizzy" though just more of a sort of zing about it. Never had anything that seemed fizzy.
Tried a search?

Mmm, been down this track, sort of. I made a lemon sherbet with Inw lemon and FA champagne. Nothing "fizzy" though just more of a sort of zing about it. Never had anything that seemed fizzy.
Tried a search?
Tried a search?
Thanks for the response, yes read a number of articles and fora on the subject with people tending to drift off into Triacetin, Champagne concentrates, malic acid, citric acid etc. etc. etc. Nobody seems to have mastered it yet. It was just the way Vapetrains fizzy sherbet described it as for combining with other flavours and wasn't described as lemon, orange or rainbow, made me think it might be worth a try but $38 from Australia - not on!

Mr Numpty has used citric acid to add a bit of zing to fruits. He recomended, or suggested, that recently to me.
We could put out the Bat Signal for his help @Mr Numpty o_O
This guy may have your answer too @PlumeBlu

Mr Numpty has used citric acid to add a bit of zing to fruits. He recomended, or suggested, that recently to me.
Thanks again.
As with all things mixing, many suggestions but as with all the things mixing, nothing definitive lol.

I'd try a drop or two of citric acid and perhaps malic acid too. Getting sherbet is quite tricky rather than sharpness but add a bit, try it, add a bit more is a good method.

When I made Heartshot back in 2014 I think we were the first to create a sherbet, though it was done with citric plus alcohol and sweetener back then.

Thanks for the response, yes read a number of articles and fora on the subject with people tending to drift off into Triacetin, Champagne concentrates, malic acid, citric acid etc. etc. etc. Nobody seems to have mastered it yet. It was just the way Vapetrains fizzy sherbet described it as for combining with other flavours and wasn't described as lemon, orange or rainbow, made me think it might be worth a try but $38 from Australia - not on!
Champagne flavours, cream soda flavours etc don't have magic in them. Yes triacetin is an easy way to add fizz but it can get a bit too much very quickly. Usually it's just a combination of that plus malic and citric to a standard flavour

Champagne flavours, cream soda flavours etc don't have magic in them. Yes triacetin is an easy way to add fizz but it can get a bit too much very quickly. Usually it's just a combination of that plus malic and citric to a standard flavour[/QUOTE
Many thanks for sharing your expertise.

Back
Top Bottom