What's new

Tzatziki

Should have asked you for a moussaka receipe!

Actually, souvlaki and gyros wouldnt go amiss :D if your mrs will share....

Take it you had a look at some of the other herb concentrates?

She does have one, if i can dig it out i’ll scan it and post it!

I have, already have a few and plan to get a few more. I’ve realised spearmint is going to work in tzatziki, as well. Oh this is going to be so good!!

Actually though if you’re after greek recipes, google “akis recipes” he’s a kind of celebrity chef in greece, has videos and english versions of most of his recipes. he’s really good.

She does have one, if i can dig it out i’ll scan it and post it!

I have, already have a few and plan to get a few more. I’ve realised spearmint is going to work in tzatziki, as well. Oh this is going to be so good!!

Looking forward to seeing how it turns out as tzatkiki is εξαιρετική especially with freshly made bread.

Damn, making me miss Greece now!

I’ll keep the thread updated, as soon as this cucumber aroma gets here I’m right on it!

I have some coriander I haven't found a use for yet.

How does that sound?

Ok, so the cucumber concentrate came today. It smells good. I’m going to experiment with this tomorrow hopefully. I’m thinking yogurt, cucumber, and a little each of spearmint and anise. Just a tiny bit. And some saline solution. I can see a possibility that I might actually want garlic for this!

I’ll update with my results.

So eventually after procrastinating for a while I got round to mixing a test of this. I made 20ml at 2% yoghurt, 2% cucumber, 0.5% spearmint 0.25% anise.

I’ve got it sitting to age a little bit before I try it, and am also hoping to get some saline solution to add a few drops.

I am wondering if 2% might be too m ch with the yoghurt but will post my resilts when I get round to testing it.

The cucumber is really good, I also made a cucumber, mandarin, fig and anise which tastes excellent fresh, hopefully will improve after sitting as well.

Back
Top Bottom