What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

True DIY to using one shots, a backwards step?

kernow24

Postman
so I started off with buying pre-made juice, but quickly turned to mixing my own after finding out about TPD and stocked up on higher strength nicotine etc

it was never really about cost, although the cost saving are massive compared to even the bargain basement premixed juices, when I can mix 50ml for less than a quid the pre-made juice prices make my eyes water.

but starting out I bought all individual concentrates and mixed recipes from scratch, a lot of trial and error but ended up with a few that I like that I tend to make all the time now and don't really 'experiment' as I did at the start spending out on flavors just to mix one thing and just tend to vape what i've mixed multiple times and know I like.

I've amassed quite a lot of concentrates now, most of which rarely get used other than for the thing I bought them for.

I look at this box of concentrates and think, what a waste, not only in money, but a waste in general.

I want to get back in to trying different things now that my favorite mixes have become a bit stale so to speak.

so have turned to using 'one shots' or rather pre mixed concentrates, that are more expensive than individual flavors, but IMO better value for money.

I look at say vampire vape (just because I liked their heizen juice when I first started) I initially thought their concentrates were expensive at their 30ml for £9.99, then compare it to true diy and a recipe maybe taking 6 or more flavors at £2 - £3 a pop, with concentrates i'll unlikely use again other than than this recipe, and think why bother going down the whole mixing from scratch route, you just end up spending out unnecessarily and I don't want to have the concentrates for 2l of the same juice to get thought or waste.

so what are your mixers views on using these? do you go purely DIY and do things from scratch, mixing from recipes or your own or do you use these pre mixed favors? a bit of both?

do you see one way better than the other? which way would you push someone getting in to DIY mixing to go?

with every man and his dog pushing out pre mixed concentrates, with some excellent ones for little more than a single 30ml of an individual flavour, is there really a need to go down or stick to the true DIY mixing?

Last edited:
I mix desert from scratch but buy some fruity menthols from flavours-r-us in a ready mixed flavour strong concentrate. Like heisenblag lol

It’s here are plenty of resources out there that will give you some very decent not shit recipes using whatever concentrates you have....and I’m sore you have the right concentrates for some awesome juices already.....

I did go down the route of one shots, and they are an easy way to get started, but mixing your own and making your own juice is really rewarding, and I often have a play whilst I’m in my shed making up weird concoctions.....

I mean, who doesn’t like to have a good old play on there own?

Totally agree oneshots for me too either from VV, Darkstar or others, don't have the time to mix my own from scratch anymore, too much faff.

Yep, I mix with one shots and bottle shots from Vaprours-r-us and Darkstar. Can't be arsed doing it with little tiny bottles of concentrate.

There's room for both.

If you really like a particular juice then there's nothing wrong with one-shots, but I love experimenting and copying interesting recipes.

I also get bored of juices very quickly so change around quite a lot, and for that you need a good variety of concentrates.

If it’s ok for you, that’s the main thing. I’ve been diying since I started, been vaping prepare manabush bottles but it’s not a step forward or backward. If it’s what you like, then it’s just staying still.

As said its all down to making that ADV or juice that suits you, whether theres a oneshot that does that or a recipe, I do a bit of both, and experiment a lot too mixing from scratch, I always wondered whether everyone who mixes from scratch has a natural chef ability, where they can distinguish between flavours and be able to determine whether a touch of this or that would make an OK mix amazing? Creating a perfect recipe is the most enjoyable part for me, until realising some spilt on the notes making it unreadable:(

Back
Top Bottom