What's new

TPD affect concentrate prices?

akira181

Postman
Pre TPD, I stocked up on everything in one go (nic, concentrates, vg, etc) and got death stares from the wifey for filling half of the freezer. I'm starting to run low on concentrates now and I'm wondering what has happened to the market and when did we start calling them "one shots"?

When I used to buy it, your average 10ml of concentrate was around £2 with a premium costing around £3. Now a 30ml "one shot" is £10 and your average 10ml is £3.50. Did TPD push concentrate prices up or are my old sources just overpriced now?

Can someone recommend me a place to get decent priced "one shots" or is £10 for 30ml the average these days?

One shots are a combination of various concentrates, blended to a given recipe, to allow you just add one shot of mixed concentrate rather than 3% of this, 2% of that and 4%of the other in order to achieve a final mix with a complex flavour.

One shots are a combination of various concentrates, blended to a given recipe, to allow you just add one shot of mixed concentrate rather than 3% of this, 2% of that and 4%of the other in order to achieve a final mix with a complex flavour.

That I get, but things like Forrest Affair, Jungle Juice, Black Mamba, Red Astaire, etc already existed back in the day before TPD and were just called concentrates. It just seems to me, after a ~18 month break from DIY purchases, that they've been rebranded as "One Shots" and the price upped because they can.

www.vapours-r-us.co.uk do 100ml for 9.99 or 7.99 depending on flavour.

Thanks MJ, I'll have a look tonight. I read recently on here that someone thought their concentrates have gotten weaker and needed higher % in mixes. Any idea if that's true?

All round I find darkstar the best all rounder just now, i got a few of their 90ml one shots lately at £14.99 each or about £5.99 for 30ml. Loads of their single flavours in 30 ml, if you stick to the TFA ones and dark arts ones then you get 35% off with the ds35 promo code. I got a few 30 ml one shots off of flavour hub that were about 4 to 5 quid each. The ones I've tried so far have beem okay but not excellent. Still a few other sites I'm interested in trying out.

That I get, but things like Forrest Affair, Jungle Juice, Black Mamba, Red Astaire, etc already existed back in the day before TPD and were just called concentrates. It just seems to me, after a ~18 month break from DIY purchases, that they've been rebranded as "One Shots" and the price upped because they can.

Thanks MJ, I'll have a look tonight. I read recently on here that someone thought their concentrates have gotten weaker and needed higher % in mixes. Any idea if that's true?

i have been using them for about a year and im sure they have changed their Heisenblag flavour but i still mix all mine at around 15% and they seem as strong as they used to be. I use mainly fruit with menthol or aniseed as these have more of a kick. I cant speak for any of the others though. But for under a tenna for 100ml you may as well try it. discount code VAPOUROUND20 I think still works for 20% off

I'm not sure where you got that from, I'm still buying T Juice concentrates and in fact they don't sell one shots!

We still buy concentrates and the prices seem the same as pre-tpd.

As said above one shots and short fills are a different game!

Thanks for the tips folks. Plenty of sources to look through now. Time to stock up again, lucky its payday soon :D

Back
Top Bottom