What's new

Tobacco's

I found a recipe on all the flavours - figgy tobacco if memory serves. That'll give you a guide for %s.

I went with my usual Keith Floyd measuring practice which worked out not too bad......

Excellent. We need to increase the profile of the keith floyd school of mixing. There’s an unhealthy bias toward scales on this forum.

I've got flv red burley and cured tobacco, they seem too similar and I've never got what all the fuss is about, maybe someone has a simple recipe for them I could try?

I've got flv red burley and cured tobacco, they seem too similar and I've never got what all the fuss is about, maybe someone has a simple recipe for them I could try?
I found Red Burley to be quite chocolatey, cured seems a bit lighter, I used it in a Fat Tony clone

IMG_20181231_093919.jpeg

Native us good too - I replaced INW Latakia in my all day vape...

IMG_20181231_094104.jpeg

Wow these INW tobaccos smell very promising. The smells coalesced into the aroma of an old tobacconists with a gantry full of jars of flavoured pipe tobaccos, while I was mixing up some testers. I’m looking forward to trying them. And surprised considering how dissapointed I was with sunset virginia and the other one I tried.

So I couldn’t resist and have sampled a couple of these. The am4a is excellent, just a few hours after mixing. At only 1%. It tastes like the smell of aromatic pipe smoke (never having smoked an aromatic pipe, I can only go on the smell). I always loved the smell of aromatic pipe smoke the odd time I’d pass an older gent puffing on it. I discovered with some googling that amphora is a well known pipe tobacco blend, found a few pages with people reviewing it much in the same way we go on about liquids and flavours here...! It has a very slight anise note among other things but is very complex and would be hard to try and pick out the flavours. I’ll see how it ages. The concentrate also smelled very familiar, almost exactly like a spirit that I’ve drunk before but couldn’t quite put my finger on which one.

The black cat tastes like blueberries with a hint of pipe tobacco. Going by @andi52 ’s post above I expect with a steep the tobacco will come to the front more. But I’m quite enjoying it as it is.

The black cat tastes like blueberries with a hint of pipe tobacco. Going by @andi52 ’s post above I expect with a steep the tobacco will come to the front more. But I’m quite enjoying it as it is.

It's a bit strange that Black Cat, I preferred vaping before much of a steep, and a low
percentage mix.

I found Red Burley to be quite chocolatey, cured seems a bit lighter, I used it in a Fat Tony clone

View attachment 181716

Native us good too - I replaced INW Latakia in my all day vape...

View attachment 181717

Thanks mate, Swiss Tony looks good, Cheesecake Graham Crust, interesting. The second one I have to be careful because citrus flavours give me a nose bleed - eventually.

It's a bit strange that Black Cat, I preferred vaping before much of a steep, and a low
percentage mix..

I’m at 2% with it and couldn’t see me going much higher. Potentially less depending on how much the tobacco comes through. It is starange, aye, I am really liking it though. I love blueberries, but have never puffed the flavour in a vape, and it seems perfect with a hint of pipe tobacco. So I suppose it might be I’ll agree about not letting it sit too long as well. I’ll see how I get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom