What's new

To Steep...or NOT to Steep, that is the age old (for 30 days) question.

Shall we steep?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When I'm mixing fruits like lemon, rhubarb, Strawberry etc, they're generally good to use after a week. Isle of Flavours tend to be much better after a month or more but then I mix new batches well in advance of running out that most of my stuff gets a good steep. I never notice any loss in flavour with a long steep but I do however mix all my juice on the strong side. I can't stand or taste weak ass subtle flavours. Got to be strong or its not worth vaping

I agree and think some people obsess about steeping a bit too much, (as I used to) but flavour is a mystery and we don't know what other people are tasting.

My taste buds have improved with better oral hygiene and I now mix at a lower percentage and notice subtle differences, and I agree that many juices are well developed after a week but may keep improving.

The less flavoursome juices though, and those with multiple ingredients benefit from a longer steep.

Thank you for your opinion my friend, yea I think steeping is really not as important as some people make it out to vape be, although its beneficial (not required) to age any juice for 1-2 weeks, if its steeped for longer than 5 weeks is when it starts to mute the flavours. Idk there's so many factors to this its overwhelming lol

I usually mix a few bottles at a time and unless they are custard or vanilla or complex ones they go straight in the rotation after a few days. I do notice certain flavours getting better over time. I do think the custard ones need to sit for a while, and certain vanilla flavours as well. Atoms labs black vanilla, for example, tastes a bit rank until it’s been sitting for at least 2 weeks then the flavour just keeps getting better and better.

Thank you for your opinion my friend I appreciate it!

I agree entirely with @Ment

With new recipes I tend to mix a small bottle first (about 15-30ml) and test it as snv then 1,3,7,14 and 21 days. Whichever point I prefer the flavour at then becomes the steep time for any further batches.

Thank you, I tend to have trouble doing the tests because I just end up vaping whenever my lineup is ready lol

When I'm mixing fruits like lemon, rhubarb, Strawberry etc, they're generally good to use after a week. Isle of Flavours tend to be much better after a month or more but then I mix new batches well in advance of running out that most of my stuff gets a good steep. I never notice any loss in flavour with a long steep but I do however mix all my juice on the strong side. I can't stand or taste weak ass subtle flavours. Got to be strong or its not worth vaping

Thank you for your opinion my friend, see I think why I notice it so substantially is because I mix such low %s (anywhere from .5-8%) because if I make anything higher e taste is too strong right off the bat for me and I can't test the recipe because of this. Maybe I should start experimenting with higher %s of recipes I made and like already and instead of vaping right off the bat, just steep them for 2-4 weeks and see how it works.

Thank you for your opinion my friend, see I think why I notice it so substantially is because I mix such low %s (anywhere from .5-8%) because if I make anything higher e taste is too strong right off the bat for me and I can't test the recipe because of this. Maybe I should start experimenting with higher %s of recipes I made and like already and instead of vaping right off the bat, just steep them for 2-4 weeks and see how it works.
We all taste thing's differently. I have trouble tasting subtle or weak juice that's why I have to mix with higher percentages. For example if a manufacturer of a oneshot juice recommends 15% I will always need 18 to 20 %
I tend to stick with flavours I know and like now and don't experiment with different makes too often. I've lost count of the time's I've bought concentrates or juices that people have raved about only to find I find them lacking in flavour. This has happened with not only the cheaper one's but also a well known vendor on here.

We all taste thing's differently. I have trouble tasting subtle or weak juice that's why I have to mix with higher percentages. For example if a manufacturer of a oneshot juice recommends 15% I will always need 18 to 20 %
I tend to stick with flavours I know and like now and don't experiment with different makes too often. I've lost count of the time's I've bought concentrates or juices that people have raved about only to find I find them lacking in flavour. This has happened with not only the cheaper one's but also a well known vendor on here.

Gotcha I have a very sensitive palate but do notice flavours muting after a certain amount of time. Which has me wondering how "premium" juice can sit indefinitely (pretty much) without losing flavor but when I make juice, the flavour disappears after a month lol. I'm still in the process of experimenting with different concentrates but do have a lot of which I really enjoy (ie; tfa Bavarian cream, cap sweet strawberry, tfa vanilla cupcake, vanilla bean ice cream, etc)

I only steep custards these days , anything else is shake and Vape for me, even the likes of jack the ripple and Mexican fried ice cream is shake and Vape! [emoji4]
whats in jack the ripple sounds like its down the lines of anaseed

Gotcha I have a very sensitive palate but do notice flavours muting after a certain amount of time. Which has me wondering how "premium" juice can sit indefinitely (pretty much) without losing flavor but when I make juice, the flavour disappears after a month lol. I'm still in the process of experimenting with different concentrates but do have a lot of which I really enjoy (ie; tfa Bavarian cream, cap sweet strawberry, tfa vanilla cupcake, vanilla bean ice cream, etc)
You got me with that one. I mix every couple of week's so juice doesn't hang around long. Liquid that needs a bit of a steep such as custards or creams which are better for me after a month or so get mixed frequently so I always have some ready to use if that makes sense.
I've got some shop bought juice that's nearly a year old and it tastes just as good as when I bought it. Some juices benefit from steeping, others may not. I know that strawberry can sometimes fade if left too long.

You got me with that one. I mix every couple of week's so juice doesn't hang around long. Liquid that needs a bit of a steep such as custards or creams which are better for me after a month or so get mixed frequently so I always have some ready to use if that makes sense.
I've got some shop bought juice that's nearly a year old and it tastes just as good as when I bought it. Some juices benefit from steeping, others may not. I know that strawberry can sometimes fade if left too long.

Yes they absolutely do! Lol all this is frustratingly overwhelming because there's so many factors and what applies to one won't apply to the next. So are you suggesting mix a custard/cream blend (which I noticed doesn't mute very quickly) and then when I'm ready to use it, add whatever flavour I want as the secondary (like fruits)?

Back
Top Bottom