What's new

The Flavorah Tobacco Lounge

Simon G

Olympian
Thanks to @StrawberryRipple a few of us have the whole tobacco range on the way. I thought I'd start this thread off with some useful notes for everyone. We can add recipes, ideas, our own notes work on stuff etc that use FLV tobaccos as a base/starting point. Hopefully we can grow this into a great resource for FLV tobacco fans.

So for a start:

Current list with Flavorah descriptions.

Arabian Tobacco - Arabian Tobacco flavoring concentrate formulated from the ground up for e-liquid manufacturing and creating DIY ejuice recipes. Dry nutty, Raisin notes, hint of spice. Low ash for a commercial cigarette or sun-dried tobacco blend. Can be very useful mixed with other tobacco flavors. Usage Rate: 0.50 – 5.00%

Cavendish - Cavendish flavoring concentrate formulated from the ground up for e-liquid manufacturing and creating DIY ejuice recipes. Shake Well. Old fashioned woody and spicy. Some chocolate and anise notes with low ash in this flavor, but good for mixing with more robust tobacco flavors like Kentucky Blend or Red Burley.

Classic Cigarette - Classic Cigarette flavoring concentrate formulated from the ground up for e-liquid manufacturing and creating DIY ejuice recipes. Like a dirty winston, this is the rich and brown low notes of a tobacco cigarette. Strong herbaceous notes of green dandelion and cabbage can be spotted as well. Consider it a commercial cigarette base. Definitely essential for those tobacconist who are chasing memory of the last pack.

Commercial Cigarette - Commercial Cigarette flavoring concentrate formulated from the ground up for e-liquid manufacturing and creating DIY ejuice recipes. Yeah, it is an ashy and earthy tobacco, but don’t stop there. This tobacco is a primary tool for adding musty ash notes to a richer dark tobacco. If all you want is the dimensional notes of a commercial tobacco, then shake and e-liquid, but if you are creating something that has a particular fit and finish, try adding this to another FLV tobacco to get just the right level.

Connecticut Shade - Connecticut Shade flavoring concentrate formulated from the ground up for e-liquid manufacturing and creating DIY ejuice recipes. The Yankee’s tobacco grows north of long island in the shad of Connecticut. With spice, chocolate, caramel and tobacco, this flavor is a good tobacco for RY4 or other non-commercial cig type flavors that call for no ash or musty wet dog notes. The sweet caramel notes can be a great base for cigarillo or spiced Cavendish pipe tobacco, alternatively this flavor can give depth to a bakery recipe where you want to add some comforting nicotiana to soft white smoke rings.

Cured Tobacco - Cured Tobacco flavoring concentrate formulated from the ground up for e-liquid manufacturing and creating DIY ejuice recipes. Strong tobacco notes with an ashy commercial ring to it that will be familiar to any e-liquidr who is trying to quit the stuff. Musty, vegetable flavor can be used at very low concentrations in a recipe (<1%) and still do its job to accent other flavors. It is a standard starting point for a tobacco inspired eliquid.

Kentucky Blend - Kentucky Blend flavoring concentrate formulated from the ground up for e-liquid manufacturing and creating DIY ejuice recipes. Rich and spicy tobacco flavoring. Slight caramel notes and medium ash.

Native Tobacco - Native Tobacco flavoring concentrate formulated from the ground up for e-liquid manufacturing and creating DIY ejuice recipes. Rich and full tobacco notes with hints of leather and moist wet cigar. Low, but unmistakable ash. This tobacco flavor is an essential for any tobacconist’s arsenal.

Oriental Tobacco - Oriental Tobacco flavoring concentrate formulated from the ground up for e-liquid manufacturing and creating DIY ejuice recipes. Nutty and bright sun cured tobacco, like a fresh opened pack. Some cedar notes are present. This tobacco flavor has low or no ash content, making it great to use in a flavor profile where you want a crisp tobacco note, but not the heavy ash, or spice of darker tobaccos.

Pucker Tobacco - A smooth and sour tobacco addition that works to add a new dimension with earthy or dry tobaccos. Pucker works on the top note of the tobacco. If used in fruit or bakery notes, pucker will function too overpower and erase many of the flavor notes around it and give a flat and musty tone with a hint of tart. Works with spices, best with other tobaccos. Usage Rate 0.50 – 2.00%

Red Burley - Red Burley flavoring concentrate formulated from the ground up for e-liquid manufacturing and creating DIY ejuice recipes. Red Burley is an heirloom tobacco that disappeared over a century ago because new varieties of the leaf grew faster and larger. This flavor tries to do justice to its roots (pun intended) with earthy and dark tobacco notes. There is a hint of some dry nuts and leather, some spice and medium ash. FLV Red Burley is an excellent tobacco flavor base for juice that is reminiscent of a simple time when things had substance and depth, and patience’s brought out new, and diverse renditions...This flavor is ready for standalone shake and e-liquid, but will mature with mixing and vaping or other fruit, nut and tobacco notes.

Sweet & Smokey Tobacco – Another epic tobacco offering that will be sure to please tobacco lovers. This has a great balance of smokey and sweet just like the name says without being too ashy. Give this flavor a try with FLV Smoked Butterscotch or your favorite RY4 recipes. A stickier carmelized tobacco note has hints of raisin and maple smoke, not ashy or harsh. Blends well, but has enough body to stand as the featured note in a complex tobacco flavor recipe.

Sweet Cigarette - Sweet Cigarette flavoring concentrate formulated from the ground up for e-liquid manufacturing and creating DIY ejuice recipes. Smokey, Carmel and sweet vanilla. Could be blended well with a Cavendish or spicy tobacco if you are trying to make a pipe or cigar. Rich wood smoke notes from mesquite and alder contribute to the sweetness.

Tatanka Tobacco - Tatanka Tobacco flavoring concentrate formulated from the ground up for e-liquid manufacturing and creating DIY ejuice recipes. Bold and strong like an American Buffalo, Tantanka is the Native Sioux word for buffalo. FLV Tatanka is a tobacco with strong caramel, sweet dough, and rich tobacco notes. Low ash, and low on the musty moisture scale, Tatanka is like a fresh opened bag of redman chew. Blends well with other tobaccos, or stand alone.

Turkish Tobacco - Turkish Tobacco flavoring concentrate formulated from the ground up for e-liquid manufacturing and creating DIY ejuice recipes. Aromatic Turkish gold with low ash, and cedar wood finish. Bright suncurred tobacco notes are aromatic, with slightly more musty notes than FLV Oriental Tobacco.

Virginia Tobacco - This is the less harsh, earthy tobacco flavor you need for making savory blends. Lots of depth and space to fill in with fruits or other savory flavor notes without the over powering ash smoke of a commercial tobacco flavor. Can be blended with our cured tobacco flavor to get a specific balance as you see fit.

And a few notes from 'Noted' on YouTube.

Arabian Tobacco – Funky, heavy spice notes, will dominate a recipe used very low.

Cavendish - Dark spicy pipe tobacco blend, Fruity, hint of caramel use at 1- 2%. Plays well with Cherries. Moist.

Classic Cigarette – Close to a real cigarette, 555-ish, quite ashy, tastes like the end of a marlboro.

Connecticut Shade – Like a cigar wrapper leaves, great coffee note, dark, caramel, almost chocolate, anise note, great with vanilla. Good addition to any other FLV tobacco.

Commercial Cigarette – Too dirty for most, heavy ash. Grassy notes at high percentage. Dirtier than DNB.

Cured Tobacco - Amazing addition to other tobaccos, perfect and versatile. A little dry and generic on it's own. 2% max, 1% better.

Kentucky Blend - A little ash, tastes like wet fresh tobacco, good to blend with cured.

Native - Very versatile a good addition to the others. A perfect all around rolling tobacco, a little dry, 2% max, 1% better. Brighter than Cured.

Oriental Tobacco – Similar to Turkish but sweeter, spicy but not as funky as Arabian or as potent as Turkish.

Pucker Tobacco – Tart tobacco notes, sharp and grassy, weird. Use as an additive, to make a sour, tarty tobacco. You can use it to 'fight sweetness'

Red Burley - Nutty, chocolate, peanut butter. 1% is good but will fade over time.

Sweet and Smoky – Smoked taste, sweet and slightly dirty but no ash, can use up to 2-3%. A better alternative to FA Black Fire? Lends itself to being an accent, although quite complex by itself. Robust and smokey without being ashy. Smooth finish with notes of caramel or honey.

Sweet Cigarette - Great with nuts, great to add sweetness to tobaccos, hint of vanilla, a little ashy. Not a dessert tobacco. Smells like a fresh packet of cigarettes.

Tatanka - It's just like a chewing tobacco at high % at lower percentage dryer and more like rolling tobacco. Wet, sweet, smooth, slightly spicy, complex.

Turkish Tobacco – Similar to Oriental, not as funky as Arabian but in a similar vein. Nice spice.

Virginia – Add some Connecticut shade for a great mix, light and bright tobacco with a little spice.

Some 'liked' Combinations mentioned

Virginia and Connecticut Shade
Red Burly and Cured
Red Burly and Native
Cured and Kentucky Blend
Connecticut Shade and Tatanka

thanks for this, the notes in the second post especially should be useful as a starting point. i’m looking forward to getting in about these.

thanks for this, the notes in the second post especially should be useful as a starting point. i’m looking forward to getting in about these.

Looking forward to your thoughts. :) Yeah, I figured it might give peeps some idea off the bat.

I'll post my mate's (short) thoughts on each one when he finishes testing the ten I gave him too. He has some slightly different ideas about what they taste like to him, which I thought was interesting. I mixed them all at 1.5% too so I'll have some ideas on the variations in strength too.

So far he has Native as the strongest tasting and Connecticut Shade and Tatanka being more mild (at 1.5%) ... however I think he tried Native first, so I'm gonna ask him to go back to it at the end and check it wasn't just because it was the first.

Thanks for raking the time to do this @SimonG. It’s a really interesting thread. I take more of interest now In tobacco(s) than I ever did when I smoked. Picked a brand and stuck with it. I wish is had the time for it.

Thanks for raking the time to do this @SimonG. It’s a really interesting thread. I take more of interest now In tobacco(s) than I ever did when I smoked. Picked a brand and stuck with it. I wish is had the time for it.

No need for thanks really, but thanks. It was just a quick cut and paste from a word document I made when I was researching which to buy for myself back last year.

Here's all the tobacco recipes from the FLV recipe book one and two, you can download the full PDF's with all recipes here (for free):

https://www.flavorah.com/resources-information/flavorah-vape-recipe-book/

Mix them, use them as a guide for tobacco combinations, or just as a jumping off idea for your own recipes.

Screenshot 2021-03-01 153829.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-01 153902.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-01 153929.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-01 153955.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-01 154020.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-01 154045.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-01 154108.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-01 154133.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-01 154152.jpg
Screenshot 2021-03-01 154215.jpg

Back
Top Bottom