What's new

TFA Flavours - all the gear no idea, recipe help please.

Strictly speaking if a recipe uses Flavour Art Lemon and you have TPA lemon then you cannot make it, but early on, I took the view, If the recipe requires lemon, and I only have TPA lemon, I would tell the stash list that I have all the lemons to give you more chance of finding recipes. (all lemon concentrates are pretty similar)

However as I have gained experience, I now realise that this does not work with a lot of concentrates. For instance if the recipe says it needs Capella Custard V1 then if you want your new mix to be close to the recipe, you are gonna have to use CAP Vanilla custard as all custard concentrates are very different. This is actually true of virtually all concentrates, but some are more different than others. Only experience or lots of reading is going to teach you which ones you can substitute and which ones you can't.

What kind of base flavours would i need to add to the list to get a few concoctions going?

These would be essential:

TFA Bavarian Cream
TFA Sweet Cream
Cheesecake
Custard
Inawera Biscuit
Meringue
FA Nonna's Cake
Coconut
Vanilla
Caramel/Toffee/Butterscotch

There are many more, depending on taste, but don't rush in. As @Mr Numpty has suggested, find a few recipes you want to make and order what you need for them.

I see. And i see what iv done to. Iv gone all guns blazing for fruit only. Thinking ill just make them on there own. But now i realise that you can enhance and cook up many difrent flavours. (Curried brussle sprout even) [emoji23]

I went at the mixing lark bakwards and not by half either.
It was partly cos i like finding things out for my self, partly because i did in hindsight what was very little research, and partly cos what tastes good for someone else doesnt always taste right for me.
Oh and i hadnt joined POTV yet.
I spent $100US on flavours from Vapewild after researching who makes the best concentrates (not that these are the best mind), bought some VG and PG from Minerals Water being not 100% sure i had the right stuff, and nic from Dark Star and god knows how i figured out where to get nic from but fell lucky.
The flavours i got were "We say cheesecake" think it wss called that before dropping the "We". Banana and strawberry.
Somehow i came accross the make my vape calculator and decided to mix a litre from the off of the strawberry at 10% and cheesecake at 10% 70/30 3mg.
It smelled amazing but i waited a few days before trying it and all i can say is it was incredible and guess someone must have been looking down on me at the time.
Admittedly their cheesecake is already a combination of flavours but you can get so many like that these days so why not.
Dont get me wrong ive made some rubbish juice since but mixing flavours that i know i will like in the quantities i do makes it easier to adjust.
Example....
Take a basic banana and custard recipie and mix 100ml.
Wait the required steep/rest time and try it.
Lets say the mix was 7% banana and 8% custard but on tasting it the banana was too weak, and the custard too strong. On tasting it you will get an idea for how much percent to adjust it by so just make another 100ml batch but adjust it by double and mix the two together.
Repeat if needed till its ballanced and right for your tastes.
Eventually youll have made a few batches of juice this way that work and you like and before you know it youll be tweeking juice to recipies youve learned but adding or taking away flavours to adjust them to your tastes.
Eventually youll also get a feel on different brands specific flavour traits and then you would probably figure out which strawberry brand will go with your specific recipie idea, or realise that two different custards can be ten steps ahead in terms of flavour than just one.
Anyway thats my journey and i wish you all the luck and flavourful vapes.

Last edited:
Any more sites like that ELR? Where you can put ypur stash in and it gives you recipies?

Just had a look at that one. Couldnt make heads no tails with it lol. That ELR is a lot more user freindly. Thank you though.

Any more sites like that ELR? Where you can put ypur stash in and it gives you recipies?
Crazyeliquidmachine.com let's you put in your flavours in a stash then just click on let's mix and it puts out recipes you wouldn't even think of

Crazyeliquidmachine.com let's you put in your flavours in a stash then just click on let's mix and it puts out recipes you wouldn't even think of
[emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] that my freind is fantastic. Thank you. I love it. It just gave me this to try out
Screenshot_20180123-165214.png

Back
Top Bottom