What's new

TFA DX sweet cream

jpott09

Anyone use this consistently?
I've made about 3 mixes with it, using between 1% and 4%. I'm letting them sit a few more days before trying them again.
They are all using TFA flavors:
---
Banana 8%
Sweet cream 4%
Sweetener 1%
---
Peach (juicy) 5%
Sweet cream 2%
----
Banana 6%
Peach (juicy) 3%
Pomegranate 2%
Nectarine 2%
Sweet cream 1%
Sweetener 1 drop per 5ml
---
I have tried all these recipes/flavors without the sweet cream, maybe with minor variations, and they were all fine.
With the sweet cream, after a day, they all taste smooth and creamy, which is nice, but then have an almost cheese-y after taste (like cheese flavor) which is not good. Further, after vaping a bit, I also get a metallic taste. I changed coils and cotton twice and cleaned RDA, and it's still present after redripping the mixes. Worse is this metallic cheesey flavor persists even after changing flavor, meaning a rewick anytime I change from these flavors to another.
Wondering if anyone else has had similar experience with the sweet cream. Hoping some excessive steeping will take care of it. If not I'm just going to have to dump these and free up the bottles I guess.
Just curious about other people's experiences

Not tried the DX version only use the original at max 1.5% I prefer Capella sweet cream or Flavour West at around 2.5%. Never got a metallic or cheesy taste though. So maybe it’s the DX version or TFA sweet cream is just not for you. Maybe try Capella Vanilla Whipped Cream or TFA Bavarian Cream instead. TFA vanilla bean gelato can work well at low percentages in recipes that require a lighter cream note so might be worth a try

Not tried the DX version only use the original at max 1.5% I prefer Capella sweet cream or Flavour West at around 2.5%. Never got a metallic or cheesy taste though. So maybe it’s the DX version or TFA sweet cream is just not for you. Maybe try Capella Vanilla Whipped Cream or TFA Bavarian Cream instead. TFA vanilla bean gelato can work well at low percentages in recipes that require a lighter cream note so might be worth a try
Thanks for the reply. I'll look around. I've been sticking with TFA so far just since I'm getting pretty familiar with them and the price is good. Maybe I'll get some cappella sweet cream next order. My limited experience with flavour west has been unpleasant so far, but I haven't researched them much.

Thanks for the reply. I'll look around. I've been sticking with TFA so far just since I'm getting pretty familiar with them and the price is good. Maybe I'll get some cappella sweet cream next order. My limited experience with flavour west has been unpleasant so far, but I haven't researched them much.
In terms of Flavour West their butter pecan Bavarian cream, vanilla bean ice cream, vanilla cupcake, lemon meringue pie, Blueberry, hazelnut, toffee dream cream, salted caramel, Graham cracker, cake batter dip, yellow cake, creamy sponge cake and white chocolate are pretty good in my opinion but I mix dessert flavours primarily.
TFA banana cream and banana nut bread are my favourite banana flavours

Back
Top Bottom