What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Strange nicotine problem..

Sam Taylor

Initiate
Hi, I’ve been mixing juice for about a year now, and want to try and cut down how much juice I use because I chain vape way too much..
The problem is whenever I bump my nicotine above 3mg, it becomes extremely harsh and peppery in taste and overpowers the flavour, if I dilute the juice down to 3mg again then the problem goes, does anybody know why this could be?
Nicotine is from darkstar.
Regards Sam

It could be dodgy nicotine that isn't noticeable at low levels, or it could just be you're not used to it higher levels.

I would ask why you consider you're vaping too much though. If you have a winning formula that's keeping you off the fags, why risk changing it?

As a DIYer, cost can't be much of an issue, and you could find that once you're used to a higher nic level you'll increase your consumption back to what it was.

how old is the nic ?? I've got 4ltrs in the freezer but broke it down to 100ml bottles that way it does not stand around for long ..
4-5 month old nic will oxidize and give a peppery taste ..which only gets stronger as time go's by

Have you adjusted your vaping to adjust to the higher nic?
lower res coil and lower power, possibly less air?
Or are you trying to vape the same?

Hi, I’ve been mixing juice for about a year now, and want to try and cut down how much juice I use because I chain vape way too much..
The problem is whenever I bump my nicotine above 3mg, it becomes extremely harsh and peppery in taste and overpowers the flavour, if I dilute the juice down to 3mg again then the problem goes, does anybody know why this could be?
Nicotine is from darkstar.
Regards Sam
what tank and coil are you using and at what wattage.
as said peppery taste could be going off nic or your just not used to higher nic in the same set up youve been using. try higher nic in a MTL tank at 10-14watts and see how that goes. i chain vape 3mg and get through 25-35ml a day but couldnt chain vape 6mg.

Thanks for all the suggestions.
Firstly the Nic is a month old, I only ever buy 50 ml at a time for the same reason you said.
I was vaping a Serpent SMM with a Fused Clapton I made from Nichrome 2X30 wrapped with 36 Gauge and around 35 Watts to 40.
When I upped the Nic I brought a Coppervape Skyline to get closer to MTL, used a parallel 28 gauge stainless coil about 20 watts.
Also I never thought about ending up vaping just as much of the higher strength, I wouldn’t want that, everyone tells me i Vape too often and even after a full session in my lunch times ect I never feel satisfied anymore..

I go through about 25/30 Ml a day actually but trying to keep costs down at the minute..

try a premade 12mg juice see if you can taste the nic ?? then you will know whats what if it's you or the nic ..

It could be dodgy nicotine that isn't noticeable at low levels, or it could just be you're not used to it higher levels.

I would ask why you consider you're vaping too much though. If you have a winning formula that's keeping you off the fags, why risk changing it?

As a DIYer, cost can't be much of an issue, and you could find that once you're used to a higher nic level you'll increase your consumption back to what it was.
Nice Cichlid

Perhaps you just have to get used to it, if you want to reduce how much you vape and be satisfied.
I normally vape about 5mg and hardly notice the nicotine.
I just dripped my nic booster juice that I use when I am not going to be vaping for a while, the flavour is dominated by the nicotine (15mg) and is quite strong, I have not vaped it for a few weeks because I have not been working. If I kept at it I am sure the nic flavour would fade, like any flavour we vape all the time.

Back
Top Bottom