What's new

Storing My Nicotine

Danny2JZ

Postman
Hello DIY'ers, where is the best place to store nicotine? Because i seem people say they also store it in the freezer? But the problem is there isnt enough room in my freezer, would it be okay just to store it next to my PG, VG and flavourings which arent in the freezer?
How long would my nicotine last if its not in the freezer?

If anyone could help that'll be great, im very new to Mixing/DIYing, thankyou.

Danny2JZ [emoji5]

Hello DIY'ers, where is the best place to store nicotine? Because i seem people say they also store it in the freezer? But the problem is there isnt enough room in my freezer, would it be okay just to store it next to my PG, VG and flavourings which arent in the freezer?
How long would my nicotine last if its not in the freezer?

If anyone could help that'll be great, im very new to Mixing/DIYing, thankyou.

Danny2JZ [emoji5]
It depends on how much you have, a few months on the shelf is no problem, but I've got 800ml in the freezer that's going to take a few years to use up...

@Tubbyengineer
I only brought 100ml of nicotine 72mg, say if i brought 500ml of nicotine do i have to put that one in the freezer as it will take longer to use it all up? Or would that still be okay on the shelf?

In this weather I'd store it an outhouse or shed if I couldn't fit it in the freezer

@Tubbyengineer
I only brought 100ml of nicotine 72mg, say if i brought 500ml of nicotine do i have to put that one in the freezer as it will take longer to use it all up? Or would that still be okay on the shelf?
The colder you can store it the better, if you're going to buy large amounts then invest in some 100ml Amber glass bottles from Naturally Thinking - You can then seal the juice up into smaller bottles so air doesn't keep getting to it, and smaller bottles may be easier to tuck in a freezer or fridge...

I currently have a tad under 4 litres in a table top freezer my wife bought me,because she wasn't happy with nicotine going in our food freezer.If i can i will try and buy a bit more as i also make juice for friends and family.I read up on it and mine is stored in amber glass bottles with minimal air gap.I have pg nic purely for ease of use as can be syringed straight out of the freezer,although only takes 10 minutes to warm upto room temp.

Don't eat. Vape.
Nic.jpg

Thankyou for the tips everyone really appreciate it! When i put it in freezer and then i want to mix some e-liquid up do i have to wait for the nicotine to get a bit warmer? Or just shake & mix straight out the freezer? My nicotine is VG base, i dont worry about syringes too much as i mix by weight. [emoji5]

Back
Top Bottom