What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sterilising

Dezy

Postman
How do you sterilise your bottles etc?

Currently I'm just washing up then rinsing in very hot water .. prob not the best, so was after some advice.

Milton or the cheaper milton from chemists n the like....just a wee squirt and fill as per the instructions

Last edited:
Steradent tablets, 1/4 tablet in a 200ml bottle with hot water and leave overnight and then rinse out in cold water next day.

I don't sterilise mine, rinse with cold then wash with hot soapy then rinse with cold again

Just another tedious job that's unnecessary like sterilising a baby's dummy when they roll around on the floor licking the carpet/laminate [emoji23]

you should rinse stuff with cold water after "washing up" stuff
as hot water & say Fairy Liquid creates the suds
where as cold water creates less suds and rinses it away so to speak
(not quite true but there is some merit in the above)

Also very hot water will fuck up certain types of plastic bottles etc.....

best use luke/hand warm water to rinse and be done with it

btw - what's with this sterilisation stuff ???
as long as bottles are not heavily tainted - fuck it just rinse a few times with water
(top on - give a fucking good shake, rinse/repeat a few times - job done for me)
if it is really heavily tainted with something then use another bottle
(use that one bottle for that tainted flavour in future, so to speak)

sod this overthinking malarky

How do you sterilise your bottles etc?

Currently I'm just washing up then rinsing in very hot water .. prob not the best, so was after some advice.
I give put a few drops of mild washing liquid in them, then hot (not boiling, just hot enough you can touch it) shake to remove anything. Rinse and shake and repeat till no hint of suds are left then finally a little distilled water in each, or filtered rain water to finish it with a rinse out. Where I am the town water is treated and if you left a glass to dry on its own you will see white residue patches on the glass. If I never gave my bottles that final rinse then thats what id be vaping. Wash a glass in the water you use and let it dry by itself, dont wipe it, and see if your water leaves residues. Then you will know if you may need that final rinse out with a more pure one. Depends where you live I guess.

Back
Top Bottom