What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Steeping worked at last?

Nick0steam

Achiever
I made a simple but very nice mix of ry4 vanilla and Graham cracker clear. I tried it shake n vape and was not impressed, so 9 days on and wow it's bloody lovely. So it can work steeping, well this did anyway.
Ry4 double, 7% french vanilla deluxe 2% GCC 2%. Will see if it gets any better in a week or so.

Of course it works, did you think the whole of the world of vaping was delusional apart from you? Bit if you make it with salt nic next time, steeping will not have any affect at all.

Of course it works, did you think the whole of the world of vaping was delusional apart from you? Bit if you make it with salt nic next time, steeping will not have any affect at all.
First time it's worked for me since last august when I started mixing, like some of the other non delusional vapers out there I thought it was a load of bollocks, but this proves to me some mixes can improve, but from my experience most or any I have made so far do not. Glad I have seen or tasted it for myself at last.

I’m puzzled about whether it’s regular nic that causes it, or salt nic prevents it. I can’t be arsed mixing 0 nic liquid to find out, so I’ll probably never know unless somebody else tells me.

I’m puzzled about whether it’s regular nic that causes it, or salt nic prevents it. I can’t be arsed mixing 0 nic liquid to find out, so I’ll probably never know unless somebody else tells me.
No idea about salt NIC, I hear it gets into blood stream faster? That's all I know, would like to know same as you also. Might do a 10ml test at 0mg if nobody else has the answer.

No idea about salt NIC, I hear it gets into blood stream faster? That's all I know, would like to know same as you also. Might do a 10ml test at 0mg if nobody else has the answer.

Personally I don’t think it does, I think people are fooled into thinking that because they can vape it at 36 or 50mg. I seem to get less of a hit from it mg for mg, but i wonder if that’s psychological because it’s so smooth? I like it because I can make strong mixes for stealth vaping.

The salt totally stops any kind of steep development. I posted a photo last week of two bottles of 12mg capella vc 1, one with salt the other regular, the salt one slightly yellow and the regular already getting a deep orange after 4 days. The regular one continues to change and the salt one is the same as it was right after I mixed and shook it, still. None of the salt ones I’ve made have developed in any way.

The salt totally stops any kind of steep development. I posted a photo last week of two bottles of 12mg capella vc 1, one with salt the other regular, the salt one slightly yellow and the regular already getting a deep orange after 4 days. The regular one continues to change and the salt one is the same as it was right after I mixed and shook it, still. None of the salt ones I’ve made have developed in any way.

Just to clarify if I'm being dim: is there no change to the flavour from first mixing either? I've got some nic salt samples I haven't got round to doing anything with yet.

Just to clarify if I'm being dim: is there no change to the flavour from first mixing either? I've got some nic salt samples I haven't got round to doing anything with yet.

Not that I can detect. So keep that in mind when mixing with it. And I’ve had nic salt from two sources, both the same in this respect.

I don't think nic salts prevents any steeping type process. The colour change is caused by the oxidation of the nic base. I've bought juice in the past 0mg and 6mg. The 0mg juice was almost colourless whilst the 6mg was a deep amber colour.
I don't believe the nic salts impede any form of steeping.

I definitely think it does, I have no doubt about it. Those two 50ml bottles of cap v1 taste very different. The salt one hasn’t changed at all. I’ve noticed this since the first time I tried salt nic with a hazelnut cocoa ry4 recipe I mixed up with it that never tasted steeped even after months. I only use it now for flavours that don’t need to sit.

Back
Top Bottom