What's new

Steeping times with ultrasonic cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
First test results are positive!

The process does a lot for custards, looks like the secret's out lol

I also did an apple pie and custard, complete transformation on that one. I haven't vaped it yet but you can now really smell the pastry and custard, hopefully it vapes as well as it smells.

It blended the banoffee really well too. Overall it seems like a very useful tool in the process of making juices and only takes about half an hour. I'm going to leave some off them a bit longer naturally but it's very promising at this stage.

Only problem is I want to mix loads more juices!
Can you give me some advice how to use this machine.planing on getting one..from the begining what temp setup to the process how long etc and the end and when its ready to vape.cheers

Can you give me some advice how to use this machine.planing on getting one..from the begining what temp setup to the process how long etc and the end and when its ready to vape.cheers

On the off chance you're interested in pursuing this;

Don't get a cheap one from LIDL (or wherever) get something decent from ebay, a small one will be fine.
Use hand warm water, not too hot
About half an hour should be enough to see a difference.
Keep 'giving it a blast' till the juice is a decent colour.
Squeeze the air out of the bottle a couple of times, leave it overnight and see how it tastes.

On the off chance you're interested in pursuing this;

Don't get a cheap one from LIDL (or wherever) get something decent from ebay, a small one will be fine.
Use hand warm water, not too hot
About half an hour should be enough to see a difference.
Keep 'giving it a blast' till the juice is a decent colour.
Squeeze the air out of the bottle a couple of times, leave it overnight and see how it tastes.
Cheers buddy..but iv been steeping my juices in a slow cooker for a few weeks now with great results..11 hrs steep shaking every half hr..rich colours and flavours...works well..cheers

I too have been playing around with ultrasonic steeping. Found this baby on Ebay Paid about $60 AUD for it free delivery in AU.
bpgfj.jpg

A friend also has one and has reported that after steeping for 4 x 20 min cycles his juice was good. However two days down the track he tells me that the e-liquid lost all its flavor. Now I am not a chemist, but from what I have I have heard that some plastic bottles will react with E-juice and I suspect especially with ultrasonics. I never steep in plastic bottles nor store my mix in plastic bottles. When steeping with ultrasonic beast pictured above I use glass bottles. It there is a plastic lid I make sure the lid is above the water line.

I did try to duplicate my friends problem using a plastic bottle however nothing to the contrary happened and my juice is still good. What happened to his juice I have no idea. We both used the same VG, same concentrate and the same type of plastic bottle to try to duplicate the problem.

Has any one had any such problem?

I too have been playing around with ultrasonic steeping. Found this baby on Ebay Paid about $60 AUD for it free delivery in AU.
bpgfj.jpg

A friend also has one and has reported that after steeping for 4 x 20 min cycles his juice was good. However two days down the track he tells me that the e-liquid lost all its flavor. Now I am not a chemist, but from what I have I have heard that some plastic bottles will react with E-juice and I suspect especially with ultrasonics. I never steep in plastic bottles nor store my mix in plastic bottles. When steeping with ultrasonic beast pictured above I use glass bottles. It there is a plastic lid I make sure the lid is above the water line.

I did try to duplicate my friends problem using a plastic bottle however nothing to the contrary happened and my juice is still good. What happened to his juice I have no idea. We both used the same VG, same concentrate and the same type of plastic bottle to try to duplicate the problem.

Has any one had any such problem?

Quick question but I noticed it has a heating function. Are you using that feature and if so at what temperature?

I do not use the heating function, I use warm water from the tap at about 30-35C I have noticed that if steeping say for 20 mins, the temperature increases so I do not mess with the heater. No need.

Hi guys,
Long time reader first time poster. I know this thread is quite old, but I'm really considering buying ultrasonic cleaner. Does anyone know if there's massive difference between cleaner in the photo (looking professional) and JPL 7000/7000s?
Obviously apart from custom timer in the first one?
Just thinking about saving few quid.
Cheers
1522789700231.jpg
1522789727953.jpg
1522789741445.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom