What's new

Steeping times with ultrasonic cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just thought I knew how big it was from the picture ;)

I've seen some people use those party cooler boxes (the big plastic things) and put the US inside that, might help if you've got one.
So I nipped home for dinner and plugged it in to see what's what. It's not as noisy as I thought it might be from the way you described it, but its a pretty grating noise. I've put a little jar of gingerbread latte and a little jar of spicy biscuit in too. The gingerbread latte was fuckin rank when I mixed it last night so I've got my fingers crossed on that one.

One thing my stupid brain didn't realise initially though was that if, like me, you label your bottles with a sharpie, after 30 seconds in the cleaner you have beautifully clean unlabelled bottles. :banghead:

so i nipped home for dinner and plugged it in to see what's what. It's not as noisy as i thought it might be from the way you described it, but its a pretty grating noise. I've put a little jar of gingerbread latte and a little jar of spicy biscuit in too. The gingerbread latte was fuckin rank when i mixed it last night so i've got my fingers crossed on that one.

One thing my stupid brain didn't realise initially though was that if, like me, you label your bottles with a sharpie, after 30 seconds in the cleaner you have beautifully clean unlabelled bottles. :banghead:

lmfao ;)

It'll also take nail varnish off glass which is how I was marking my glass bottles.

Last edited:
Hmmm never thought of doing that, may have to give that a whirl. But a couple months? I don't think I'd have the patience, or the memory for that.

I fairness it was an experiment and I just stuck it in a cupboard and forgot about it. Hoping the 'Steeper' can work it's magic ;)

It's over 9000 ;)

Definitely works though doesn't it?!

:D

Yeah, I made a little bottle of cherry pie. One of the first concentrates I bought and I hated it. Occurred to me that it might just have been that I'd never steeped it properly so I mixed some up and after an hour in the machine it's actually pretty nice.

Im interested in this..
Hey all,

Just got my ultrasonic cleaner delivered today and it's done a great job getting the nasty flavour out of a couple of new tanks.
After a bit of searching have also found out it's got some good results steeping liquids so currently have three bottles (mixed yesterday) in there.

Have added warm water but wondering if anyone knows how long I should do it for? Max 10 mins on machine but can obviously keep hitting go with no problems :)

Im interested in this.sounds great..not seen one of these things before.so what exactly is it can you give me some details as to what it is and you are doing...im curently steeping 10ml bottles in a cupboard for total of two weeks and found that vaping the flavour straght out of the bottle isnt good....what machine have you got ( cost ) and a small discription to how you use it would be great..thanks buddy.

Yes the Aldi one goes up to about 8 minutes, but give it 2-3 minutes after each session as it can get quite hot and it may over work the machine.

Glass bottles are preferred I've heard, they let more of the vibrations reach the liquid inside the bottle, however I'm using plastic at the moment and had no problems with it so far, but yes glass does seem to be better apparently.

Hi buddy..im new to this and looking for some advice.im planing to get one of these machines everyone hear is talking about how good it all is but cant see anyone explaining how to use it...prob because you all know this allready...so if i get one and make a 30ml bottle of brew and add 3ml flavour,what is the actual process i need to do from the start? Is there a tempt i must set it at and how long do i leave it running etc before its cooked and ready to use.thanks mate apreciate your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom