What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Steeping times with ultrasonic cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
On this subject I go with my own experience...it definitely speeds up the steeping for my liquids (custards, coffee's, creams, fruits etc). As has been said it definitely combines the liquids far better than a 5 knuckle shuffle as well. Combine that with the ability to clean attys and its a must have. Mines the JL one

Ordered this one last night 0.8L Professional Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner Machine + Timer Nealy 1L 008 | eBay and it should arrive before the weekend. I'll update when I've had a play with it, but with 67% more power for an extra 4 quid over the Amazon one it seemed like a no brainer. Also, 30 mins before having to go start it again seems like a lot less hassle than doing it every 10 mins. Aldi one isn't an option for me since there isn't an Aldi in Leeds city centre.

Ordered this one last night 0.8L Professional Digital Ultrasonic Cleaner Machine + Timer Nealy 1L 008 | eBay and it should arrive before the weekend. I'll update when I've had a play with it, but with 67% more power for an extra 4 quid over the Amazon one it seemed like a no brainer. Also, 30 mins before having to go start it again seems like a lot less hassle than doing it every 10 mins. Aldi one isn't an option for me since there isn't an Aldi in Leeds city centre.

Have you got yours yet?

I just opened mine, I'm not sure why I thought it would be A LOT bigger lol, it's diddy! Noisy little bugger too! :D

Just stuck a couple of bottles in there, so lets see what happens!

Is everyone else's noisy?

First test results are positive!

The process does a lot for custards, looks like the secret's out lol

I also did an apple pie and custard, complete transformation on that one. I haven't vaped it yet but you can now really smell the pastry and custard, hopefully it vapes as well as it smells.

It blended the banoffee really well too. Overall it seems like a very useful tool in the process of making juices and only takes about half an hour. I'm going to leave some off them a bit longer naturally but it's very promising at this stage.

Only problem is I want to mix loads more juices!

Have you got yours yet?

I just opened mine, I'm not sure why I thought it would be A LOT bigger lol, it's diddy! Noisy little bugger too! :D

Mine is yeah, it emits a very high pitched squeeking noise but according to the manual it's normal. Least with that I know when it's finished anyway so doesn't really bother me.

I've now had to order a crap load more bottles, concentrates syringes and measuring cylinders. I've also made a few quick test batches for a few friends and chucked them in there and they seem to like them (mostly cream based) so that's positive.

Have you got yours yet?

Yeah, mine arrived today, haven't opened it yet since I'm at work, but I was expecting it to be very small after looking at the dimensions given in the product description, I'm glad it is tbh, a massive thing would just result in moaning from the wife.

Having said that, she moans about the drill being noisy when I'm making clapton wire and interlock wire etc, so if this is noisy thats sure to piss her off too.

Yeah, mine arrived today, haven't opened it yet since I'm at work, but I was expecting it to be very small after looking at the dimensions given in the product description, I'm glad it is tbh, a massive thing would just result in moaning from the wife.

Having said that, she moans about the drill being noisy when I'm making clapton wire and interlock wire etc, so if this is noisy thats sure to piss her off too.

Its ok.. just tell her you can wash her ring in it

Mine is yeah, it emits a very high pitched squeeking noise but according to the manual it's normal. Least with that I know when it's finished anyway so doesn't really bother me.

I've now had to order a crap load more bottles, concentrates syringes and measuring cylinders. I've also made a few quick test batches for a few friends and chucked them in there and they seem to like them (mostly cream based) so that's positive.

Yeah I made what seems to be a common mistake, I assumed ultrasonic meant it vibrated out of hearing range, oh how wrong I was ;)

It turns out most serious ones make that buzzing sound, if it's not noisy it's not doing much ;) I might bust out the SPL meter and see how loud it actually is. I couldn't spend any time in the same room as it. Even over the other side of the house with the door closed I can tell when it's finished lol

Also now I've seen a lot of consumer level cleaners it's not surprising the trays/baskets reduce efficiency so much, big chunky things, it's surprising any waves make it through at all!

I've been soaking some vanilla pods in PG for a couple of months now and it's just starting to smell like vanilla, that's in the steeper as I type.

Definitely glad I got one, looking forward to seeing what it does to a coffee juice! ;)

I just thought I knew how big it was from the picture ;)

I've seen some people use those party cooler boxes (the big plastic things) and put the US inside that, might help if you've got one.

I've been soaking some vanilla pods in PG for a couple of months now and it's just starting to smell like vanilla, that's in the steeper as I type.

Definitely glad I got one, looking forward to seeing what it does to a coffee juice! ;)

Hmmm never thought of doing that, may have to give that a whirl. But a couple months? I don't think I'd have the patience, or the memory for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom