What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Steeping times with ultrasonic cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

OccultScientist

Administrator
Staff member
Hey all,

Just got my ultrasonic cleaner delivered today and it's done a great job getting the nasty flavour out of a couple of new tanks.
After a bit of searching have also found out it's got some good results steeping liquids so currently have three bottles (mixed yesterday) in there.

Have added warm water but wondering if anyone knows how long I should do it for? Max 10 mins on machine but can obviously keep hitting go with no problems :)

I did read somewhere that 8 hours is equivalent to about 2 weeks steeping. No idea if that's accurate though.

Hey all,

Just got my ultrasonic cleaner delivered today and it's done a great job getting the nasty flavour out of a couple of new tanks.
After a bit of searching have also found out it's got some good results steeping liquids so currently have three bottles (mixed yesterday) in there.

Have added warm water but wondering if anyone knows how long I should do it for? Max 10 mins on machine but can obviously keep hitting go with no problems :)

If you're in all day just keep hitting that button!. It may be my crazy mind but I think it works... longer the better... 1, 2, 10 hours.. it all helps speed up getting the juice into your tank

Post back with the results of using a cleaner though as I was thinking of getting one.

Post back with the results of using a cleaner though as I was thinking of getting one.

I've found that 2 hours in the cleaner gets liquids properly steeped for me!
Only thing is to let a bit of air in to "smooth" out the smell. Apart from that I'm blown away!

Mixing is now a hell of a lot easier :)

Wicked, Definitely gonna have to check out and see if I can get one tonight then. Got a few bottles steeping at the moment (first try) but they already smell absolutely amazing. Speeding up the process would definitely make it so much easier because I'M SO IMPATIENT lol

I've found that 2 hours in the cleaner gets liquids properly steeped for me!
Only thing is to let a bit of air in to "smooth" out the smell. Apart from that I'm blown away!

Mixing is now a hell of a lot easier :)

Curse you! ;) Just when I thought I wasn't going to be spending for a little while.....

Just an update on this.
The ultrasonic cleaner has quickly become my favourite gadget!
Not only does it get tanks, RDAs, etc spotlessly clean (with a few drops of washing up liquid and a bit of bicarbonate of soda), it also steeps liquid quick, and I mean quick! Within 2 hours I'm getting results that I'd expect from at least a 2 week steep. Amazing!

Now knocking out loads of mixes that I can make and test the same day :)

No more impatient waiting FTW!

Just an update on this.
The ultrasonic cleaner has quickly become my favourite gadget!
Not only does it get tanks, RDAs, etc spotlessly clean (with a few drops of washing up liquid and a bit of bicarbonate of soda), it also steeps liquid quick, and I mean quick! Within 2 hours I'm getting results that I'd expect from at least a 2 week steep. Amazing!

Now knocking out loads of mixes that I can make and test the same day :)

No more impatient waiting FTW!

I'm making a lot of test mixes so shorter steeps would be ideal, are you using the silver crest or the jpl7000?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom