What's new

Steep time.

I didn't think it would be as strong as it is, it's recommended at 10% for a full flavour and 3% as part of a recipe.
It all comes down to personal taste in the end I guess, and what you're trying to achieve. The beauty of DIY, have it how you like it.

It all comes down to personal taste in the end I guess, and what you're trying to achieve. The beauty of DIY, have it how you like it.
Yeah, think I'll use far less of the mint. Going to try a blackcurrant and lime today so think I'll do it at 1% this time.

Hi,

I would recommend steeping everything. Mints and fruits are fine to shake and vape, imho, but once you find a vape you really like, make 250ml or whatever large amount you can mix to and then when you get down to about 50ml left in the bottle mix up a fresh batch and compare the two. If you put dates on your mixes you can see the difference that steeping has made to that juice and decide then if its worth it.

I have found that nothing beats time for improving juices for just about every flavour including mint. I have three adv's, one is mint, I have 250ml of mint which I made 06/10/17 with about 30ml of older stuff left before I open it. There is definitely a difference by being able to leave that mint for at least a month before I start it and it will be a couple of months old before I finish it.

Custards are the same but I think there is a balancing act for steeping with custard, the longer you leave it the more caramel it gets which then is down to personal choice, I like my custards to tastes like a blend of vanila and caramel so I try not to leave them more than two months.

If you like your lime with a hit try it with 2% Inawera Menthol. I make a version of this and its very popular.

Hi,

I would recommend steeping everything. Mints and fruits are fine to shake and vape, imho, but once you find a vape you really like, make 250ml or whatever large amount you can mix to and then when you get down to about 50ml left in the bottle mix up a fresh batch and compare the two. If you put dates on your mixes you can see the difference that steeping has made to that juice and decide then if its worth it.

I have found that nothing beats time for improving juices for just about every flavour including mint. I have three adv's, one is mint, I have 250ml of mint which I made 06/10/17 with about 30ml of older stuff left before I open it. There is definitely a difference by being able to leave that mint for at least a month before I start it and it will be a couple of months old before I finish it.

Custards are the same but I think there is a balancing act for steeping with custard, the longer you leave it the more caramel it gets which then is down to personal choice, I like my custards to tastes like a blend of vanila and caramel so I try not to leave them more than two months.

If you like your lime with a hit try it with 2% Inawera Menthol. I make a version of this and its very popular.
Cheers, I'll add that to my evergrowing list of concentrates to try! [emoji38] I'm out looking for labels to put dates on them when I make more later. I'm going to be doing about 10 250ml bottles so some will be sitting a while before they get used any way. It was the cherry one that confused me but I think that was just a rookie mistake using too much mint. I've popped in for a beer just now to plan my strategy for later! [emoji23]

Good luck with the cheery. I have tried a few and I have never made a good one so let me know if you crack it.

Back
Top Bottom