Innokin
What's new

Steep time.

TheLiqidator

Achiever
Morning all,

Finally got round to mixing a few few liquids yesterday. First one I done was Dark Arts DistIlled Lime. After that I made one with Dark Arts Cherry and Capella Cool Mint.

I've tied them both now but have only had about 16 hours steeping. I couldn't see a steep time for the ones I've used so far on the Dark Star site, most of the concentrates I've got are fruity/berry flavours. From what I can find online, they don't need as much steep time as custard or creamy flavours so I think these are okay to use just now.

Has anyone used these ones or is there a recommended average steep times for fruit and berry flavours in general?

Cheers

Vape Superstore
Sometimes it varies depending on how many flavours you’re mixing. FA black cherry is good straight away and stays pretty clear but if you mix it with certain other flavours it goes dark and the flavour can take a while to come out.

if you’ve tried it and you like it, it’s good. It comes down to whatever you prefer.

Sometimes it varies depending on how many flavours you’re mixing. FA black cherry is good straight away and stays pretty clear but if you mix it with certain other flavours it goes dark and the flavour can take a while to come out.

if you’ve tried it and you like it, it’s good. It comes down to whatever you prefer.
I'm using the distilled lime just now and it tastes exactly like one I used to pay £12 for a 30ml of so I'm happy with this one. The cherry and mint one has 4% cherry and 3% cool mint but the mint seems to be overpowering the cherry. Maybe I'll use less mint when I do a bigger bottle. I'll her the black cherry to give it a try next time.

Cheers

AcmeFog
I'm using the distilled lime just now and it tastes exactly like one I used to pay £12 for a 30ml of so I'm happy with this one. The cherry and mint one has 4% cherry and 3% cool mint but the mint seems to be overpowering the cherry. Maybe I'll use less mint when I do a bigger bottle. I'll her the black cherry to give it a try next time.

Cheers

Some flavours calm down with time as well. Not sure about the cool mint, the only mint I use is spearmint. While you’re starting out maybe make smaller batches as well, that way if you don’t like something it’s not a massive deal. You could also dilute the cherry/mint by half with unflavoured nic, pg/vg and then increase the cherry. Once you diss things out you’ll get a better idea of what amounts you should probably use of a particular flavour.

Have only really recently got into some fruits and from what others here have told me and I have then experienced fruits can be vaped pretty much the next day or two after mixing. As I was also told here and later experienced, strawberry tapers/fades out with time so a steep will or can see it pretty much vanish. An INW strawberry shisha I did was good after 1 or 2 days but a few weeks later I tried the same mix and it was virtually gone, no taste.
Yeah, custards, biscuits, bakery flavours and especially tobacco ones need a good steep, up to a month and sometimes a bit more, 6 weeks. Tip I got on this site was if you want a strawberry with a bakery or custard, mix the bakery or custard etc on its own, let it steep and then a couple or few days before you want to vape it then add the strawberry. Cheers.

The Electronic Cigarette Company
I've only done 10ml bottles for now to try a few out to work out what flavour percentage I want. Pretty happy with the lime so will keep that as is and just scale it up and maybe try a lychee and lime mix. Before I make bigger bottles up I think I'll do a 10ml of the cherry with lemonade and see if I prefer that.

Good idea the small testers mate. Saves a lot of waste. Good luck with it all. Great feeling when it all comes together and its a flavour you love.

Vape Green
Good idea the small testers mate. Saves a lot of waste. Good luck with it all. Great feeling when it all comes together and its a flavour you love.
Yeah, the minute I tasted the lime I was chuffed, the first liquid I really liked was called crushed lime from a shop up here called EnJuice. They closed their shops and only sell online now but I've tried finding one like this for a while so was surprised it tasted so much like the one I used to use.

Mint, especially peppermint, will dominate any mix at relatively low percentages. I make a watermelon gum juice that has 15% FA watermelon. I add one drop of TFA peppermint per 30ml and the mint still comes through. Scary stuff that mint.

Vape Club
Mint, especially peppermint, will dominate any mix at relatively low percentages. I make a watermelon gum juice that has 15% FA watermelon. I add one drop of TFA peppermint per 30ml and the mint still comes through. Scary stuff that mint.
I didn't think it would be as strong as it is, it's recommended at 10% for a full flavour and 3% as part of a recipe.

Back
Top Bottom