What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Same Flavour Comparisons

Mr Numpty

Veteran
For posting your opinion on the same flavour by different manufacturers. I'll start with my Mango findings:

TFA Mango: Very poor. Weak, fades badly, not a very interesting mango flavour either.

Jungle Flavor Mango: This is a very ripe mango. A mango you could eat today and be eating a mango as ripe as it can get, but would be inedible the next day. It's that ripe. That flavour is very nice and genuine, but it has an unpleasant aftertaste that ruins it. That was at 4%. It was strong at that, so it's possible it would provide a better and non-aftertaste flavour at much lower percentages. We'll see.

Capella's Sweet Mango: This seems to be very similar to the ripeness and flavour of the JF concentrate, but without the aftertaste. Again on the edge of too-ripe though.

FlavourArt Mango: A much fresher mango than the others. An altogether younger mango that is juicy, nicely sweet, powerful enough at 2-4% in recipes and has by far the most pleasant flavour of them all, for me. A real winner.
I don't think they are suited to blending together at all really.

Anyone tried any other mangos? Like to share your findings re other flavours by different manufacturers? Thanks! :)

I have a mate who vapes mango ... only mango ... nothing but mango ... and he swears by Cupcake World's mango. He's tried all the mangoes and he only vapes CW.
I got a nice mango from Drip Hacks, very similar to FA's and it's great in their Cryo Mango which is a tribute to the high koolada Malaysian juices. Nice with a little lychee if you want that sharp cooling that puts your teeth on edge.

I have a mate who vapes mango ... only mango ... nothing but mango ... and he swears by Cupcake World's mango. He's tried all the mangoes and he only vapes CW.
I got a nice mango from Drip Hacks, very similar to FA's and it's great in their Cryo Mango which is a tribute to the high koolada Malaysian juices. Nice with a little lychee if you want that sharp cooling that puts your teeth on edge.
Very interesting, thanks. I'm sure I read once that CW weren't designed for or necessarily safe for vaping, so I've always avoided. Heard anything like that?
Will give the Drip hacks one a go when I get through the 50ml of FA mango I just received, thank you.

Very interesting, thanks. I'm sure I read once that CW weren't designed for or necessarily safe for vaping, so I've always avoided. Heard anything like that?
Will give the Drip hacks one a go when I get through the 50ml of FA mango I just received, thank you.
All the flavouring companies have come to vaping, by design or accident, from the food and brewing industries. Flavourart seemed to lead the way in testing for compounds which would not be suitable for vaping and offering alternatives. I don't know about CW, I've never bought from them directly or knowingly* though I tried some of their Digestive Biscuit which was forwarded on by an ape. If I was to buy from them I'd do some research first and get some answers from the horse's mouth. Am sure you would too?

* who knows whether CW supply other flavouring companies, like Chef's for example ... or Drip Hacks?

I like to mix the CAP and TFA mangos together. Makes the CAP a little less ripe for me. I also add in a bit of passion fruit and marshmallow for nice mellow mango.

Edit: Also CCW seems fine for vaping, they have a little list at the bottom of their flavours that lets you know which ones are oil based and not suitable.

Back
Top Bottom