What's new

Ripples Recipes

Thanks very much pal. Is the inawera much better than the TFA (which I’ve used in mine)?
World's apart.
The inawera one is imo the best and most true to form blackcurrant out there.
It's a strong one though and needs mixing well and I'd say 3% is it's limit as a stand alone so start at 1% in a mix.

World's apart.
The inawera one is imo the best and most true to form blackcurrant out there.
It's a strong one though and needs mixing well and I'd say 3% is it's limit as a stand alone so start at 1% in a mix.

Ive just ordered some - the consensus is clear. I’m also going to add a wee dash of blackberry to mix two. See if I can darken and deepen the fruit. The cream and biscuit base is bang on. If Incan nail the fruit and get it blended right I could be in the right lines. Thanks a lot buddy.

@StrawberryRipple, today I got round to tasting the samples of the Molinberry concentrates I bought a while ago. The one that really stands out is the Milkshake. It's lovely, all thick and creamy. I'd now like to add various fruit flavours to it. Am I right in thinking that it's not just a matter of adding the fruit concentrates to what I've mixed? As in, my milkshake is mixed at 8% so should I dilute it down to say, 4% and then add the fruit or just bung it in as it is?

Thanks

@StrawberryRipple, today I got round to tasting the samples of the Molinberry concentrates I bought a while ago. The one that really stands out is the Milkshake. It's lovely, all thick and creamy. I'd now like to add various fruit flavours to it. Am I right in thinking that it's not just a matter of adding the fruit concentrates to what I've mixed? As in, my milkshake is mixed at 8% so should I dilute it down to say, 4% and then add the fruit or just bung it in as it is?

Thanks
This is where balancing comes in.
Use the same recipe principle but include whatever percentage of fruit you feel is about right and leave your milkshake at 8% and see what it's like.
You have to kind of play seesaw with both flavours if that makes sense.
The milkshake might remain prominent even with 8% of the fruit or just 2% might push it far enough back to allow the fruit to come through.
You might find you need say 4% fruit which balances against the milkshake but the overall amount of flavourings might be too much.

Long winded i know but start off with a small mix at the percentages you feel sound right then taste it and keep tasting it until you've got an idea which way it needs adjusting.
Simples....Lol

This is where balancing comes in.
Use the same recipe principle but include whatever percentage of fruit you feel is about right and leave your milkshake at 8% and see what it's like.
You have to kind of play seesaw with both flavours if that makes sense.
The milkshake might remain prominent even with 8% of the fruit or just 2% might push it far enough back to allow the fruit to come through.
You might find you need say 4% fruit which balances against the milkshake but the overall amount of flavourings might be too much.

Long winded i know but start off with a small mix at the percentages you feel sound right then taste it and keep tasting it until you've got an idea which way it needs adjusting.
Simples....Lol
Thanks mate, I asked you in particular really because a lot of your recipes seem to use quite low percentages of multiple flavours. I wouldn't really want to use 8% milkshake with 4% fruit when I could get away with 4%/2%. I was wondering if 12% total might be overpowering? I'll try it as you suggest with the milkshake at 8 first. Now to decide what fruit to add [emoji16]

Thanks mate, I asked you in particular really because a lot of your recipes seem to use quite low percentages of multiple flavours. I wouldn't really want to use 8% milkshake with 4% fruit when I could get away with 4%/2%. I was wondering if 12% total might be overpowering? I'll try it as you suggest with the milkshake at 8 first. Now to decide what fruit to add [emoji16]
CCW banana puree :dancing:

Or why not try a nice Vanilla :17::17::17:

Or why not try a nice Vanilla :17::17::17:
I was hoping to try something different from the usual banana/strawberry/vanilla to start with although I'll still give those three a go at some point. I was thinking of peach or blackcurrant or maybe even lime to start with. I've also tried the Molinberry cheesecake but I'm not sure it's ready yet, it's nice enough but has a lemon forward flavour and not much cheesecake yet, I'll probably need to leave that one for another couple of weeks.

I was hoping to try something different from the usual banana/strawberry/vanilla to start with although I'll still give those three a go at some point. I was thinking of peach or blackcurrant or maybe even lime to start with. I've also tried the Molinberry cheesecake but I'm not sure it's ready yet, it's nice enough but has a lemon forward flavour and not much cheesecake yet, I'll probably need to leave that one for another couple of weeks.
FLV mango goes very well with creamy flavours.

Back
Top Bottom