What's new

Ripples Recipes

@Banjostring i take my hat off to you fella thanks for the 50ml of @StrawberryRipple tinned custard i fucking love this stuff its the dogs nuts mate its actually like dipping your finger in the custard powder and licking it off 10/10 for sure need to try more of his recipes 100%:2thumbsup::2thumbsup: thanks again bud
You're welcome mate, but I only threw it together. Ripple is the masterchef on this one. Well worth investing in a few concentrates and making up a nice big batch. Glad you like it [emoji1303]

@Banjostring i take my hat off to you fella thanks for the 50ml of @StrawberryRipple tinned custard i fucking love this stuff its the dogs nuts mate its actually like dipping your finger in the custard powder and licking it off 10/10 for sure need to try more of his recipes 100%:2thumbsup::2thumbsup: thanks again bud

Thank you @BigCloud glad you like it.
Not sure if @Banjostring subbed the Molinberry for CAP V1 but either way it will still be pretty much the same.

I think Strawberry Ripple is up there with some of the top mixers, from what i have tasted, imo and i will now have to make some of the tinned custard BigCloud. :2thumbsup:

Thank you @Martvb60 high praise indeed.
There are a couple of not so good ones in this list imo like the coconut ones i feel theyre probably a little over flavoured so will probably remove them at some point.

You're welcome mate, but I only threw it together. Ripple is the masterchef on this one. Well worth investing in a few concentrates and making up a nice big batch. Glad you like it [emoji1303]

Thank you @Banjostring and glad you're liking it so much to share it.
I'm going to carry on mixing to my strengths for a while with a few more Vanilla Custard varieties and Vanilla Ice Cream versions being worked on atm.

Thank you @BigCloud glad you like it.
Not sure if @Banjostring subbed the Molinberry for CAP V1 but either way it will still be pretty much the same.

Thank you @Martvb60 high praise indeed.
There are a couple of not so good ones in this list imo like the coconut ones i feel theyre probably a little over flavoured so will probably remove them at some point.

Thank you @Banjostring and glad you're liking it so much to share it.
I'm going to carry on mixing to my strengths for a while with a few more Vanilla Custard varieties and Vanilla Ice Cream versions being worked on atm.
No mate, I got some Molinberry and followed the recipe to a 'T'.

I’d like to echo the comments above relating to @StrawberryRipple ‘s recipes. I’m working my way through my first batch of v5 and custard donut and will update the “steep time” thread on my detailed findings but “yummy” should suffice for now.

I do have a question though: With a couple of these recipes FA Bavarian Cream is used. Can this be substituted with another brand’s like FW Bavarian Cream?

I’d like to echo the comments above relating to @StrawberryRipple ‘s recipes. I’m working my way through my first batch of v5 and custard donut and will update the “steep time” thread on my detailed findings but “yummy” should suffice for now.

I do have a question though: With a couple of these recipes FA Bavarian Cream is used. Can this be substituted with another brand’s like FW Bavarian Cream?
Okay you have me a little worried now as i don't use FA Bavarian Cream.
They should read as TFA The Flavour Apprentice.
If any with Bavarian Cream read as FA can you let me know as it will be a typo.
Ive not used FW Bavarian Cream and tend to avoid them just because some contain real sugar.
Check the one youre looking at against the list and if its okay then as it's relatively the same strength it should be okay.

Sorry @StrawberryRipple I meant TFA. I’ve checked ELR and they have TFA Bavarian cream at average usage of 2.8% and FW at 2.7% so I guess they are broadly similar. Encouragingly they are also the top two most used flavours of that type so neither are likely to be too bad. I am experimenting with your canned custard recipe but don’t have the fresh cream so substituted it with whipped. Can’t imagine there is too much difference but thought I’d share here as well.

Sorry @StrawberryRipple I meant TFA. I’ve checked ELR and they have TFA Bavarian cream at average usage of 2.8% and FW at 2.7% so I guess they are broadly similar. Encouragingly they are also the top two most used flavours of that type so neither are likely to be too bad. I am experimenting with your canned custard recipe but don’t have the fresh cream so substituted it with whipped. Can’t imagine there is too much difference but thought I’d share here as well.
Whipped will be slightly sweeter.
A closer alternative would be TFA Milk Dairy but you would need to up the percentages slightly.
Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this one and the other two when you're ready :2thumbsup:

Thanks @StrawberryRipple . I don’t have milk dairy either but do have a few other creams. I’m planning on doing a banana milkshake with LB vanilla ice cream as the base along with something else to give a fresh milk taste. Do you have any suggestions on what to use for that?

And PS - I will give the other two the full write up they deserve. I’ve gone through about 50mls since Friday!

Thanks @StrawberryRipple . I don’t have milk dairy either but do have a few other creams. I’m planning on doing a banana milkshake with LB vanilla ice cream as the base along with something else to give a fresh milk taste. Do you have any suggestions on what to use for that?
I've got a banana milk shake almost ready but need to revisit for one last tweak.
It's got LB Vanilla Ice Cream in it and so the milk hits, TFA Milk Dairy, FA Cream Fresh, and FLV Milk along with a couple more filler flavours.
The FLV Milk was still too prominent at 0.5% as it's pretty potent so just need to dial it back a bit.

I'm also working on a banana fritter but using a mix of FLV banana and CCW Banana Puree which is taking longer to ballance than i expected.

Back
Top Bottom