What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ripples Recipes

Mr Ripple

Legend
It's very easy to be put off making your own juice and some of the reasons include not taking the time and effort to gather all of the right ingredients and subbing or omitting something so the recipie doesn't quite wow as intended.
Sometimes it's something simple like just not getting on with one or more of the flavours in the mix or subbing brands but same flavour may throw the whole mix off.

I'm all for DIY and think we all should encourage new mixers wherever possible.

For a few years now I used to get an idea and test mix a batch.
I'd vape it to test then figure out how it needed adjusting.
I'd then mix another batch of the same volume but include my adjustments so that i could mix the two together.
Simple example would be mix 50ml of one flavour at 8% then thinking it needs adjusting to 6% so i would then mix another 50ml @ 4% so when the two were mixed together I'd end up with 100ml @ 6%

Never been one for being organised I've finally decided to get my act together lately and take notes and write things down.

I'm not going to take the credit for any of the recipies i post here because most of them will be either variations of known recipies or juices I've created that were inspired by other recipes.

The first one I'm going to post here was inspired by a recipie i found on line called "Kings Crown".
The profile of that recipe looked very nice with the exception of the honey.
I dont know what it is about honey but in a vape at even the lowest percentages it's all my senses seem to focus on.
I'd be better off just vaping plain honey as any ither additions are wasted on me.

Anyway ive called this one "Royal Crown"

I'd describe it as a rich creamy buttery peanut butter biscuit.
Neither the biscuit or peanut butter take centre stage they just blend and mellow right in the middle of a big dollop of creamy goodness.

Enjoy!

20190921_131607.jpg

The next one I'm going to put here is a staple in my rotation and is the first recipie i wrote down and kept notes on from the beginning.

There will be hundreds of variations of this recipie out there and still to this day I've never tried the original.

When i looked at developing a LT recipie i searched the web and found a variation i liked the look of first.
Not sure how close or far it is from the recipie i used cos I've tweaked this several times over the last 18 months to where it is now.

If you like lemon tart juices why not give this one a try.

20190817_130428.jpg

This one is one of my favourites but dont seem to vape it alot because of everything else just getting in the way.
I think because I've not spent much time vaping it this and custards have ended up allowed to steep for long periods.
Long steeping this one has really let the ice cream shine and imo is better for it.
It's not quite got that tang yould expect from the rasberry from eating the real thing but thats certainly not a negative.
If i said it's like the rasberry is actually creamy it's self that would be a pretty good way to explain it.

20190913_211630.jpg

This ones another staple for me and as you can see I've purposely left the fruit part open.
I've been using tfa blueberry extra @5 % but any fruit will do.

I dont use sweeteners at all in any of my juices but this one does benefit from something to cut through the greek yoghurt a little.
For this 1% just use what you think would suit your tastes best.
Plain Marshmallow or something else with a sweet profile will be okay.

20190809_153159.jpg

This one is new and came from the mango milk recipe.
Looked far too strong in that as all the flavours were Capella so after a few changes and tweaks it's ended up very good for my tastes.
I've nothing more to say about this one except it surprised me how much i like it.

20190918_212815.jpg

Vanilla Custard
Wouldn't be right if i didn't put this one here!

Screenshot_20190615-215551_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Last edited:
Coconut and Vanilla Ice Cream

Ill leave this here but admit im not happy with it.
The Coconut has changed over time and not for the better.
I keep remembering the description of inawera Coconut i read saying it was too husky and after a while this one seemed to take on a strange not unpleasant just odd deepness to it that took awat the crisp Coconut taste.

Attachments

• 20191010_163123.jpg
    20191010_163123.jpg
    213.8 KB · Views: 371
Last edited:
Carrot Cake
The original recipe i found had VT fruit cake in it and thats where the boozy element came from so I've removed it as I've never known Carrot cake to be boozy.
The the original seemed to lack the deep stodge I'm used to in the cake part and was too lightly frosted imo.
This version of Carrot Cake is mildly spiced with a hint of fruit, rich dark and stodgy cake, frosted with nuts.

20190928_183047.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom