What's new

rethinking flavour

Now we're moving into controversy questioning differing sweetness of VG.
I tried this a while ago and it didn't go well but it's true some are sweeter than others.

i think it might be the case that it wouldn’t be noticeable mixing at higher concentrations.

A very interesting thread.

Putting the stuff about avoiding sweetener to one side (if you want it sweeter, use it. If you don't, don't) I find with some of my recipes that my appreciation of the flavours appreciably dulls over time. Especially if I ADV it. I wonder if this flavour fatigue is at least partly due to over flavouring? I'm going to run a little experiment with one of those at 10% of the original strength and see how it goes. My only concern is that, as a 45 year old that is 2.5 years off a 30 a day habit I'd had for 30 years, I suspect my taste buds might be a teeny tiny bit fucked. That and the fact that everything has tasted weird since I had the rona. Anyway what is there to lose? 50mls of liquid with 1% total flavouring? Worth it just for the intrigue I say.

A very interesting thread.

Putting the stuff about avoiding sweetener to one side (if you want it sweeter, use it. If you don't, don't) I find with some of my recipes that my appreciation of the flavours appreciably dulls over time. Especially if I ADV it. I wonder if this flavour fatigue is at least partly due to over flavouring? I'm going to run a little experiment with one of those at 10% of the original strength and see how it goes. My only concern is that, as a 45 year old that is 2.5 years off a 30 a day habit I'd had for 30 years, I suspect my taste buds might be a teeny tiny bit fucked. That and the fact that everything has tasted weird since I had the rona. Anyway what is there to lose? 50mls of liquid with 1% total flavouring? Worth it just for the intrigue I say.

i think the tastebuds recover a while after you quit smoking. definitely give it a try, you might be surprised.

I know this post is a old one but @zouzounaki did you vape unflavoured juice before you started with the reduced %%

I know this post is a old one but @zouzounaki did you vape unflavoured juice before you started with the reduced %%

i do puff unflavoured liquid from time to time, but no i didn’t purposely do it. i’ve probably always used relatively low %, mind but much lower now than when i started. i think there is a tendency to use way too much of the stuff.

i do puff unflavoured liquid from time to time, but no i didn’t purposely do it. i’ve probably always used relatively low %, mind but much lower now than when i started. i think there is a tendency to use way too much of the stuff.

Cheers fella, been thinking about dropping the %% for a while, finally mixed a few up last night and my adv is a one shot that's usually mixed at 17-20% I am actually enjoying it more mixed at 5%

Back
Top Bottom