What's new

recipe theft

Sorry to drag up an old thread here, but I have only just discovered Flavour Boss - although not ordered from them yet.

I've read through both arguments but I am still slightly confused? The way I see it is that I can find a public recipe that I like the look of and either:

Pop along to somewhere like Chefs and buy the individual flavours I need and measure up and mix the correct quantities to make the liquid. This will inevitably leave me with some 'leftover' concentrates that I can save for another batch or have a dabble with to create something else.

OR

I can pop along to Flavour Boss and buy the exact same concentrates, but pay a slight premium for the privilege of having someone else do the (not so hard) work of measuring them out for me. This way I won't have any leftover concentrate laying around as I only bought the exact amount I needed - potentially saving me a couple of quid by not buying more than I need.

I guess I'm just not so convinced on the profiting on someone else's recipe thing, and leaning more towards the profiting on my laziness of not wanting to buy bulk and measure out the exact same ingredients. I would have made Wayne's juice anyway, but this way I am buying the concentrates from someone that did the work for me - instead of buying in a way that meant I had to do it myself...

Apologies if things have evolved since the last post, making mine defunct, but Just discovered these guys and this thread has piqued my interest...

Hi @ads707 - cheers for the post. That about sums it up mate, the difference being you don't have bits of juice left over, you save time through using Flavour Boss. They have increased their range too so lots more on there to try. Yes, that is a fair way of looking at it too, if you would have bought the concentrates and made them up yourself then found FB and decided to save yourself some time by outsourcing it then fair play to you :)

Just had a look and this is one of the recipes that Wayne was unhappy about them using:
https://flavour-boss.co.uk/product/raspberry-truffle-shuffle-recipe/

They have added some text at the bottom crediting him and showing where you can get the concentrate from and they have altered their version of it. So they didn't need to credit it at all if they wanted to be wankers about it. I have said before that I think they offer a good service for people who can't be arsed to mix it themselves, they spotted a gap in the market and filled in nicely!

Thanks for the reply @junglist and apologies again to @Flavour Boss for dragging this up again after it seemingly all quietened down. I just didn't get the reasoning behind the idea of recipe theft. At least I know that I wasn't wildly off the mark thanks to your reply, so I'm gonna head over and order some samples for the missus to see which ones she wants me to make up for her :)

Back
Top Bottom