What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

recipe theft

As I understand it, correct me if I'm wrong, they used to be Diyordie recipes but since they were deliberately and consciously placed into the public domain they're now anyone's recipes.
Yes your right of course if they're available on a public domain they're free for all but if it carries on they'll probably end up being removed.
I'm just surprised to hear of company's using the likes of elr to get their recipes rather than developing a unique product of their own, I suppose it saves them doing the hard work.
Hopefully if they do end up getting removed he will still make them available to subscribers.

Jamie Olivers recipes are in the public domain for people to use. I'm pretty sure if I started monetising his recipes for sale I'd be breaking the law. I fail to see how this is much different other than the Vaping industry is not yet a mature market place. I'm sorry but this "in the public domain" argument is a load of Betty swollocks.

My wife's thong is in the public domain, hanging on the washing line, that doesn't give people the right to have a good sniff does it.

I can see both sides, but probably lean towards flavour boss.
If you look at flavour boss site they actually show the recipe they are 'making'.
You could easily get the concentrates yourself and make it - probably cheaper but I haven't looked or calculated.
If flavour boss was being underhand they could call it whatever they wanted and not openly display the recipe.

I'm not on Facebook and have never used flavour boss , but I think the above is a very good point . F boss actually publish the recipie themselves as well so you could easily make the concentrate yourself if you have the inclination .
As @johnr7 it would be out of order if they sold the mix under their own name and label and made out it was their own concoction but as it is I can't see a problem with it tbh.

My wife's thong is in the public domain, hanging on the washing line, that doesn't give people the right to have a good sniff does it.

As it presumably smells of washing powder and conditioner she can't claim copyright on it, so surely we're free to come and sniff it?

As it presumably smells of washing powder and conditioner she can't claim copyright on it, so surely we're free to come and sniff it?
Depends where the washing line is or maybe there's a public footpath running through the garden.

Actually don't see any problem here?
Recipes were posted on a public domain for people to use as they see fit.
Someone has taken the initiative to save some people the time and expense of buying in the various flavours, which can be a costly business. Personally I like taking inspiration from recipes and building up my concentrate stock.
I publish my recipes and hopefully someone will find them useful? All I ask for is credit for my work.
If someone wants to make a few bob from that,then so be it, I don't have a problem with that either, again all I ask is acknowledgment for my work, which Flavour Boss has done to Wayne Walker, so where's the problem?

Back
Top Bottom