What's new

recipe theft

Unclebilbo

Achiever
ok folks so im a big fan of wayne walkers diyordie recipes and love what hes doing for the diy community but..
as he puts his recipes on elr for free do you think this gives company's free reign to rip off his recipes
and sell them as their own.
@Flavour Boss seem to think its fine to rip off waynes recipe and add a little vape wizard to make it there own.
so what do you think guys is this an acceptable thing for companys taking peoples recipes too sell as there own or should
they just not post them online if they don't want them cloned.
personally as wayne walker is a company I feel theres a moral obligation from another company too respect each other
rather than earn money from some one elses hard work.
@enyawrecklaw
personally I think its a pisstake and their just making money of other peoples hard work.
http://www.cloudy-dreams.co.uk/product-page/57bbb88d-f4fc-c5b1-541d-9478649a72eb

Hmmm, I have fairly strong views on this. I caused a bit of a stir last night on the Facebook page.... [emoji17][emoji19]

What's the deal here? Maybe I don't understand.
Sounds like the first party is giving their intellectual property away for free which permits anybody to use it.
When a second party uses it a third party is complaining ... why? How is the third party offended?

What's the deal here? Maybe I don't understand.
Sounds like the first party is giving their intellectual property away for free which permits anybody to use it.
When a second party uses it a third party is complaining ... why? How is the third party offended?

Yep, some folk are fine with it. Some not. [emoji51]

Hi Mark,

Nice to see you on here also.

Yeah it's been two nights in the trot @tobywonkanobi might get some sleep at some point! haha.

I'm quickly going to explain the ethos behind Flavour Boss, how it started, what we do now.

Can I also state that the above website that Mark quoted is incorrect. Our website is www.flavour-boss.co.uk I have messaged @junglist for this to be changed. As the cloudy dreams site is no longer in operation.

"We are a company who started off doing recipe packs for people to mix at home on Facebook of all places! To give you a quick run down of what we are and what we do, I'll take an excerpt from the Facebook page!

Enjoy premium juices but tired of paying ridiculous prices for them? Enjoy making your own liquid, but don't want to pay for excess flavouring you won't need? This is the group for you.Based in Bolton (UK), Flavour Boss can offer you a vast choice of tried and tested recipes at minimal pricing.

Choose from either our pre-mixed original range, our E-juice range, or if you prefer making your own liquid, we also offer concentrate packs/Boss Shots to make large quantities of extremely popular liquids yourself! All at unbeatable prices! I will update this with a discount code shortly. We will be holding competitions here on PotV every month! So be sure to keep a look out!"

That's taken from our hello post in our folder in the vendors section. I am working with @junglist and POTV to create a recipe for us both which will be run as a huge competition over here and our Facebook group.

I would also like to quote something that Wayne himself said "Wayne was just defending VapeCrafter for doing the same thing.

"I think what they're doing is kinda cool. If you like a recipe they can whip up a juice for you. In terms of my concentrates, I just tell people for less than what they sell for only 30mls of juice, you can buy mine and whip up 10x more juice. But like what /u/Dookie52 said, if they took recipes, mixed them and claimed them as they're own, then it'd be a different story in terms of morals. What they're doing is taking a recipe in which you know who the creator is, and taking away the work of mixing it."

https://www.reddit.com/.../does_any_one_else.../d92ana6/"

I understand you do not like what we do at Flavour Boss and for that, I am sorry that you do not see ours and many others points of view.

Back
Top Bottom