What's new

Raspberry doughnut diy

Pinkmonkeys

Postman
Just thinking has any1 tried to make a raspberry doughnut. I'm ping to have a ago, 10% glazed doughnut CAP, 6% inwar raspberry and 3% strawberry shortcake CAP, just wondering wether any1 else has experience in doing a fruity doughnut?

I'd drop the inwar raspberry Down though buddy my experience tells me it will write off most of your doughnut flavour I'd possibly start at 3% raspberry and 2% strawberry shortcake

Sure thing I've never used it before but heard it's quite strong. Thanks for the advice Matt, abit of luck it should turn out nice

Even 2-3% of the raspberry is very strong!
I would seriously start about 0.5% and work up to the sweet spot.
Probably one of the strongest raspberries out there, but bloody good!

Even 2-3% of the raspberry is very strong!
I would seriously start about 0.5% and work up to the sweet spot.
Probably one of the strongest raspberries out there, but bloody good!

Is it really that strong the inwar raspberry? Its goin to be a tester batch this but I hope it isn't that strong, hope it comes threw with the doughnut

Is it really that strong the inwar raspberry? Its goin to be a tester batch this but I hope it isn't that strong, hope it comes threw with the doughnut
When i first started d.i.y i ruined alot of my tester with too much raspberry as said 0.5 is a great place to start then go up in 0.5 intervals

15% Doughnut King from Chef's Flavours, 1% FA Raspberry, 5% TPA Raspberry Sweet

Just got Zeppola in from Flavourart, 2-3% of that might be a better doughnut base as the Doughnut King has a custard flavour in there.
Inawera's Raspberry is very strong and very "grassy", whereas you want something more jammy, hence the Raspberry Sweet.

That Zeppola is a lovely fried bakery taste.
I wouldn't say an out and out doughnut but when paired with Inawera waffle @ 1% it certainly becomes a brilliant doughnut flavour!

Last edited:
That Zeppola is a lovely fried bakery taste.
I wouldn't say an out and out doughnut but when paired with Inawera waffle @ 1% it certainly becomes a brilliant doughnut flavour!
What % did you mix the Zeppola at and was it a standalone mix ... as well as the mix with INA Waffle?

Tried it initially at 5% with Flv Strawberry at 1% ( Flv Strawberry is a great jammy strawberry taste perfect for the doughnut)
Wasn't overly impressed so tried it as a stand alone at 5%, again tasted a bit off so lowered the percentage to 4%. This time I got a nice fried bready/ bakery taste from it, not a doughnut but not a million miles away either so having had success with Inw Waffle in the past I tried the 2 out together.
I kept the Zeppolla at 4% and added 1% Waffle. This steeped for a couple of days and what I discovered was a far better representation of the doughnut taste we all love.
Mixed it up with the Flv Strawberry again and found a really nice Strawberry doughnut.
Haven't tried it out with any other flavours yet but can see this working really well with custard or chocolate?

Back
Top Bottom