What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

question regarding easy DIY

Jovaras

Hello,

Recently I saw this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a67sALbH3K8
But then I noticed this comment:
Thanks for the Video, i have used these but not the nic shots i am still using 7.2% vg nic. One thing of the bat i noticed is Darkstar are sending out to reviewers 85/15 Base Mix and sending either pg or vg nic shots and some are getting their ratios on what they think the ratio is wrong, this is down to the reviewer no noticing or telling the viewer whether the nic shots that they are using are vg or pg based nicotine shots, i noticed your shots were the vg based shots and because you used the base mix (which is not needed and messes up the calculations somewhat) your ratio is 68%vg 32%pg some have said that they have made a 70/30 vg/pg mix but used pg based nic and its nowhere near this ratio because they have added pg base nic into their 500ml bottle the ratio using pg based nic will bring this down from what they think is a 70/30 to an approx 55/35 vg/pg and they are not realising, so yeah great video, but more emphasis on the final ratios please as customers are getting it quite wrong

which got me all confused..

Could you please help me out, I just want to get the right final VG/PG ratio for 500ml..
I want 6 mg outcome, with VG 70+
I'm looking at:
so if I pour 16.6 x of above nicotine shots to bottle shot and fill it to the top with base mix, will final VG/PG be 70/30?
or I should use 85% base?

Your answer would be much appreciated!
Thanks

Hello,

Recently I saw this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a67sALbH3K8
But then I noticed this comment:
Thanks for the Video, i have used these but not the nic shots i am still using 7.2% vg nic. One thing of the bat i noticed is Darkstar are sending out to reviewers 85/15 Base Mix and sending either pg or vg nic shots and some are getting their ratios on what they think the ratio is wrong, this is down to the reviewer no noticing or telling the viewer whether the nic shots that they are using are vg or pg based nicotine shots, i noticed your shots were the vg based shots and because you used the base mix (which is not needed and messes up the calculations somewhat) your ratio is 68%vg 32%pg some have said that they have made a 70/30 vg/pg mix but used pg based nic and its nowhere near this ratio because they have added pg base nic into their 500ml bottle the ratio using pg based nic will bring this down from what they think is a 70/30 to an approx 55/35 vg/pg and they are not realising, so yeah great video, but more emphasis on the final ratios please as customers are getting it quite wrong

which got me all confused..

Could you please help me out, I just want to get the right final VG/PG ratio for 500ml..
I want 6 mg outcome, with VG 70+
I'm looking at:
so if I pour 16.6 x of above nicotine shots to bottle shot and fill it to the top with base mix, will final VG/PG be 70/30?
or I should use 85% base?

Your answer would be much appreciated!
Thanks

the nic isnt the concern, it is the flavour concentate that is PG based. If you had to mix as you mentioned you would end up with around a 56/44 ratio and by using the 85/15 base you will be looking at 63/37. the only way to get over a 70 VG ratio will be to use both a 100% VG based nic as well as the 85/15 base, that will give you around a 73/27 Ratio.

thanks for clear calculations.
I'm reading that it's better to buy PG and VG separately, but since it's my first time and I think I'm fine with 73/27 - I'll get base 85/15 + 100% VG nic shots + bottle shot.

hmm, how can I know how much PG is that flavour concentrate?
in other words, how did you calculate final ratio with different nic shot ratios?

thanks for clear calculations.
I'm reading that it's better to buy PG and VG separately, but since it's my first time and I think I'm fine with 73/27 - I'll get base 85/15 + 100% VG nic shots + bottle shot.

Better and cheaper to buy sepearte VG and PG for sure, as it is better and cheaper to buy the seprate flavourings and mix the recipe yourself.

Premix PG/VG and flavourings are an awesome way to get your toes wet and slowly get into mixing, see if you like it.

Welcome to the rabbit hole, lets see how deep it goes :)

1.5 ml nic
7 ml single flavour concentrate
Top the bottle up with vg
Done.
This is the simplist way to make up juice...i've found.
Gives me my standard 45ml of juice at just under 3mg
Approx 80/20 vg/pg
Just double the amount of nic for 6mg...although your end product will be nearer 75/25 vg/pg.

Back
Top Bottom