What's new

Pre mixed base

I agree. Pre-mix VG+PG is a waste. You'll always need a bottle of each seperately to hit your target ratio so you might as well just buy them like that.

You haven't wasted your money though. If you get some VG you can use your premix to hit your PG target.

I haven't had 'quite' the same experience - but I do completely agree that it's nearly always best to buy separate ingredients. I have a 70 VG / 30 PG premix as well as pure non-mixed VG/PG. I like using the premix for making up the PG Heisenberg conc with PG nic and to be honest, it's not 'really' that much different from making it up with precisely measured out VG and PG separates. I do realise the purists here will expect very exact amounts of each, but, in my experience, there are SOME concentrates where it doesn't really matter unless you are very tuned-in to the nuances of specific ratios and need flavours carried through.

Regardless, I would advise separate VG and PG, but if you've bought it already, fear not - it'll be absolutely FINE for a lot of mixing needs!

Thanks so much everyone, I've just tried two calculators and one says I can mix a particular recipe, the other says I'll have a 1ml pg deficit in 60mls.

My instinct and my job says it'll be ok, but my common sense isn't as well trained as my pharmacology background....

Will a percentage this small matter? I'm guessing not.

Woma

Thanks so much everyone, I've just tried two calculators and one says I can mix a particular recipe, the other says I'll have a 1ml pg deficit in 60mls.

My instinct and my job says it'll be ok, but my common sense isn't as well trained as my pharmacology background....

Will a percentage this small matter? I'm guessing not.

Woma
No, that won't matter at all.

I haven't had 'quite' the same experience - but I do completely agree that it's nearly always best to buy separate ingredients. I have a 70 VG / 30 PG premix as well as pure non-mixed VG/PG. I like using the premix for making up the PG Heisenberg conc with PG nic and to be honest, it's not 'really' that much different from making it up with precisely measured out VG and PG separates. I do realise the purists here will expect very exact amounts of each, but, in my experience, there are SOME concentrates where it doesn't really matter unless you are very tuned-in to the nuances of specific ratios and need flavours carried through.

Regardless, I would advise separate VG and PG, but if you've bought it already, fear not - it'll be absolutely FINE for a lot of mixing needs!

Hi guys,

I buy separate VG, PG, and nic in VG in 500ml bottles.
That way you can custom mix whatever you like.
But, after some time I have found the best for me is 70% VG / 30% PG, at 3mg nic.
So from the raw materials I make 100ml of base liquid, 90% VG, 10% PG, at 3mg nic.
Then when I want to try a new flavour mix, simple, or complex, all I have to do is use 5ml of this, and add up to 20% pg based flavours.
Hey presto just 5ml of 70/30 at 3mg (okay the nic % will drop very slightly.
If I don't require 20% flavour II can just add a smidge more pg.

Regards badboybez

Hi guys,

I buy separate VG, PG, and nic in VG in 500ml bottles.
That way you can custom mix whatever you like.
But, after some time I have found the best for me is 70% VG / 30% PG, at 3mg nic.
So from the raw materials I make 100ml of base liquid, 90% VG, 10% PG, at 3mg nic.
Then when I want to try a new flavour mix, simple, or complex, all I have to do is use 5ml of this, and add up to 20% pg based flavours.
Hey presto just 5ml of 70/30 at 3mg (okay the nic % will drop very slightly.
If I don't require 20% flavour II can just add a smidge more pg.

Regards badboybez
Your nic strength will drop to 2.4mg. If you made your base 3.73mg you'd end up around 3mg. I think.

Last edited:
Your nic strength will drop to 2.4mg. If you made your base 3.73mg you'd end up around 3mg. I think.

Wise words mr numpty.
I have no doubt your figures are correct.
But, my point was that if you buy separate ingredients you can tweek it slightly to get exactly what you like, before making a large mix that you end up chucking away.
Mind you in the last couple of weeks I have vaped some 0 nic vendor juices, and quite enjoyed 1 or 2.

Well I've done it and made up a few bottles, the Capella vanilla is very nice, slightly low mic % because I've got premixed VG/pg, but it's worked!

I used a Poseidon one shot, messed up the calcs a little because I wanted 60ml, so the flavour % is slightly low, but they are very enjoyable.

Next move is nic in VG, seperate pg vg and I'll start in earnest.

Back
Top Bottom