What's new

Pipettes....HELP!

red_devil

Postman
Hi Folks, I've spent the past few weeks pestering you all and ordering everything I'll need to start mixing and everything has arrived with one exception.....pipettes. I've ordered a box of 100 (mixing by weight by the way) and after a few weeks of waiting I've just been told that they're not going to arrive till the 24th May...... Joy. My wife is away overnight later this week so it'll be the perfect time to try mixing. Just wondering if anyone knows where I can get any pipettes from the high street?. Sounds daft, but its not the sort of thing I've bought before.

Cheers,

Rich

If you're mixing by weight @red_devil you might not actually need pipettes.

You could use old (clean!) juice bottles with dripper tips or glass droppers to decant small amounts of each of your ingredients into. Make sure you label them so you know what's in each bottle.

Then you could add large amounts to the mix from your original bottles til you're close to the desired weight and add the final few mg from the "decanters".

One of the biggest benefits of mixing by weight is that you can just drop everything straight into the finished bottle. Squeezy bottles are your friend in this regard. No mess, no fuss, no clean-up.

Thanks for the tips guys,I managed to find some pipette, dropper bottles in Boots, they come in 10ml bottles and cost 99p... Not bad, they'll get me going.

Cheers,

Rich

99p from Boots
IMG_20170508_192408.jpg

Try your local chemist, its where i get mine. Cheaper than vape suppliers too.

Back
Top Bottom