What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Perique

I'll let you know once I've received my Inawera order and given the testers chance to steep, but it will probably be nearer Whitsun than May Day.
I suspect the Perique concentrate will be similar to the FA one, but I was ordering other stuff like Tuscan Garden and Smoked Plum from Inawera, so went with their Perique. I also ordered some Latakia, so I will be scouring the recipe sites for some Balkan type mixes.
If you like I could mix you up a 10ml tester of the Perique, just PM me your addy details and your preferred specifications for the tester (vg/pg ratio, concentrate percentage - percent, I don't trust 'drops' as any kind of measure - and nic content).
While I'm on here and as you're an esoteric sort of person, any suggestions for a good Cardamom concentrate?

Cheers, I’ll keep an eye on the thread. The other two you mentioned are pretty good. You should post your thoughts on them in the inserts tobacco thread.

My favourites from the inawera I’ve picked up are tobacco smoke and prunes, and cavendish. Not really useful as standalones but they are excellent in blends. Especially the cavendish, it’s magic.

I'll let you know once I've received my Inawera order and given the testers chance to steep, but it will probably be nearer Whitsun than May Day.
I suspect the Perique concentrate will be similar to the FA one, but I was ordering other stuff like Tuscan Garden and Smoked Plum from Inawera, so went with their Perique. I also ordered some Latakia, so I will be scouring the recipe sites for some Balkan type mixes.
If you like I could mix you up a 10ml tester of the Perique, just PM me your addy details and your preferred specifications for the tester (vg/pg ratio, concentrate percentage - percent, I don't trust 'drops' as any kind of measure - and nic content).
While I'm on here and as you're an esoteric sort of person, any suggestions for a good Cardamom concentrate?
FA Cardamon is great - I'm addicted to it. My ADV is INW Latakia, touch of TPA VBIC and Lemon and 0.6% FA Cardamon

Because of how kind they are to wicks, this kind of concentrated are what I usually use in the 24mg liquid I mix for the suorin air. The pods can easily last two months.

When I was into tobacs, the FA version was the closest to from anything I had tried to the actual real taste of a cigarette. Not the smell of an un smoked cig but the actual real taste of smoking one. I couldn't stand using it now as cig flavours I'm done with bar a semi type RY4D now and then. But that isnt really a proper cig taste. The FA one is for sure.

The FA perique black is good in very small amounts mixed with other tobacco - in my opinion perique is best as a note with other tobacco flavours
That is how I am intending to use it. From what I remember (and I am going back 35 - 40 years ago), of the Three Nuns discs, the Virginia to Perique ratio was somewhere about 2:1 or 3:1. The same with the Latakia really, I used to enjoy tobacco blends involving them, but I wouldn't have enjoyed smoking either neat Perique or Latakia, and I don't suppose their vaping analogues would be any different, but thanks for the heads up [emoji106].

Cheers, I’ll keep an eye on the thread. The other two you mentioned are pretty good. You should post your thoughts on them in the inserts tobacco thread.

My favourites from the inawera I’ve picked up are tobacco smoke and prunes, and cavendish. Not really useful as standalones but they are excellent in blends. Especially the cavendish, it’s magic.
Thanks, I will bear it in mind when I next order from Inawera. Trouble is I always think of Cavendish as the old Holland House or Clan tobaccos which in my experience were always better for scenting a room than they were for smoking. I guess I could always try a couple of mixes using Cavendish and use DNB if I wanted to make it a bit 'dirtier'.

FA Cardamon is great - I'm addicted to it. My ADV is INW Latakia, touch of TPA VBIC and Lemon and 0.6% FA Cardamon
Thanks for the tip, FA cardamom is on the wish list. Your recipe has been transferred to my mixing notebook as well. I may well pester you in the future for what precisely constitutes "a touch of TPA VBIC and Lemon"!

Thanks, I will bear it in mind when I next order from Inawera. Trouble is I always think of Cavendish as the old Holland House or Clan tobaccos which in my experience were always better for scenting a room than they were for smoking. I guess I could always try a couple of mixes using Cavendish and use DNB if I wanted to make it a bit 'dirtier'.

I love the smell of it. But the flavour adds something to blends that you don’t really get from puffing a tester of it on it’s own. And still it creates the nice aroma. It’s an odd one, but very good.

Back
Top Bottom