What's new

Perique

domejunky

Achiever
I haven't bought any liquids for nearly 2 years. I was curious about Nic Salts, so I bought a few bottles from Onepoundliquid as a cheap way of investigating. I bought their Red and Green tobaccos. They're not that bad. I've had worse. They had a defnite 'perique' note to them - that almost capsicum like note. I'd had some really bad Periques in the past, so had always given them a wide birth. The Green is Perique + Menthol - I don't mind a bit of menthol, but had never successfully made a menthol tobacco - this seems to work quite well.

So my question is: can anyone recommend a Perique concentrate

There's a couple of reviews on the Reddit DIY sub for FA Perique Black which describe that charred green pepper note you mentioned.

I really like the FA perique black. It’s definitely an additive though, and very strong. A drop or two per 10ml in a tobacco blend is about right. It’s similar in that way to their latakia. With both I’ve found you don’t really taste much straight away but the longer it sits the stronger they get. Too much and it gets out of hand after a while.

I think @Jon The Vape might have posted a thread mentioning a perique NET a while ago?

Last edited:
I really like the FA perique black. It’s definitely an additive though, and very strong. A drop or two per 10ml in a tobacco blend is about right. It’s similar in that way to their latakia. With both I’ve found you don’t really taste much straight away but the longer it sits the stronger they get. Too much and it gets outnumbered if hand after a while.

I think @Jon The Vape might have posted a thread mentioning a perique NET a while ago?
I did Zouz regarding Drakes net concentrates. Pretty good actually. [emoji106]
Funny enough Drakes have a sale on at the moment on some lines.
https://drakeseliquid.com/naturally-extracted-tobacco-e-liquid-base-shots/

I haven't bought any liquids for nearly 2 years. I was curious about Nic Salts, so I bought a few bottles from Onepoundliquid as a cheap way of investigating. I bought their Red and Green tobaccos. They're not that bad. I've had worse. They had a defnite 'perique' note to them - that almost capsicum like note. I'd had some really bad Periques in the past, so had always given them a wide birth. The Green is Perique + Menthol - I don't mind a bit of menthol, but had never successfully made a menthol tobacco - this seems to work quite well.

This is one that's pretty good.
https://drakeseliquid.com/product/saint-james-perique-net-concentrate/

As well as FA, Inawera also do a Perique. I've got one on order, but haven't used it before, so I can't comment until it arrives.
I have a hankering to try and replicate the Perique/Virginia blend I used to enjoy with Three Nuns tobacco (the old Bells/Imperial Tobacco version, not the more recent Kentucky/Virginia blend).

I’m interested to hear how you get on with it @Sunastar . It’s in their tino milano range which makes me wonder if it might be similar to the FA one.

I’m interested to hear how you get on with it @Sunastar . It’s in their tino milano range which makes me wonder if it might be similar to the FA one.
I'll let you know once I've received my Inawera order and given the testers chance to steep, but it will probably be nearer Whitsun than May Day.
I suspect the Perique concentrate will be similar to the FA one, but I was ordering other stuff like Tuscan Garden and Smoked Plum from Inawera, so went with their Perique. I also ordered some Latakia, so I will be scouring the recipe sites for some Balkan type mixes.
If you like I could mix you up a 10ml tester of the Perique, just PM me your addy details and your preferred specifications for the tester (vg/pg ratio, concentrate percentage - percent, I don't trust 'drops' as any kind of measure - and nic content).
While I'm on here and as you're an esoteric sort of person, any suggestions for a good Cardamom concentrate?

The FA perique black is good in very small amounts mixed with other tobacco - in my opinion perique is best as a note with other tobacco flavours

Back
Top Bottom