What's new

Perfume/soap/chemical taste

St00ble

Postman
So I took the plunge the other day and went and ordered a DIY kit from make my vape. I've mixed up some tester batches and I've found a problem: all of my juices have this horrible perfume/soap/chemical taste.

Ive only steeped them (ie left them sealed in bottles in a cupboard with occasional shaking) for 24 hours.

All mixes are 50/50 Pg vg, 3mg and 20% flavouring (all are soft drinks flavours: irn bru, cola and pink lemonade).

My question is, am I just being impatient and need to steep/breathe for at least a week? Or are my flavour percentages too high and do I need to just chuck out what I've made and start again?

I've googled frantically for the last hour and come up with so many conflicting answers. Help!

20% flavour is a lot.

Mix it down (10%) and see how you get on. I would also suggest leaving it a few weeks as they are not straight fruits.

20% flavour is a lot.

Mix it down (10%) and see how you get on. I would also suggest leaving it a few weeks as they are not straight fruits.

Thank you! I get that flavour percentages are hard. Make my vape give a recommended range of 10-30. That's quite a range! Went for 20 as that's bang in the middle

50/50 3mg is a strange combination betwixed inbetween sub ohm and MTL.
Anyway if i use concentrates with a perfume or alcohol taste or smell i give them a good shake, take the lid off and expell the air, replace the lid, and repeat the next day until the smell has gone.
Then let the juice rest/steep till im ready to give it the vape test.

50/50 3mg is a strange combination betwixed inbetween sub ohm and MTL.
Anyway if i use concentrates with a perfume or alcohol taste or smell i give them a good shake, take the lid off and expell the air, replace the lid, and repeat the next day until the smell has gone.
Then let the juice rest/steep till im ready to give it the vape test.

Sorry for sounding like a total noob but would a 50/50 mix at 3mg affect the taste?

Sorry for sounding like a total noob but would a 50/50 mix at 3mg affect the taste?
If youre sub ohming it will not be a smooth vape as the high pg will hit hard on the throat.
70vg is usual for direct to lung vaping and 50/50 is more suited to taking vapour into mouth first then inhaling like a ciggy.

i dont mix myself but i did have three bottles of juice from one supplier which all had the strong perfume taste. two went down the sink but the third was custard and it would be a criminal offence to bin that. a year later its still got that taste so it defo sounds like one of the concentrates they used was over strength so as said above it sounds like you need a lower %

not sure what brand concentrate they have given you? But that plays a big part on flavour quality.
I've had some crap ones and no matter what percentage you use it always tastes perfumed I'm looking at you Totally Wicked forest fruits!
Have a look at the various concentrates on Chefs Flavours.

Thanks apes. I'll mix down a couple today, one to 15% and another to 10%, and I'll leave a test batch to sit for a week or so at 20% and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom