What's new

Percentages for MTL vs DTL

Banjostring

Hi, I'm just starting to get into mtl and was wondering, when mixing my own liquid, should I use the same percentage of concentrate as I do for my DTL liquid?
Or should I maybe use less, or more?

Thanks

Edit: misread the OP sorry, answer not relevant... :25:

Last edited:
It's works for some and not for others so try it and see what you think.

I've tried some 70VG/30PG in my MTL and it was very underwhelming (thought it would be) so I ordered some 50VG/50PG from Dinner Lady to try as that seems the most common for MTL.

sorry for complicating the answer but I don't think it's a simple answer of more or less.

I don't think it's controversial to suggest that lower power, lower temps and a MTL tank will bring out different flavours in a liquid than in a DTL set up.

Using a simple example, if you mix strawberry and lemon recipe for DTL, it might taste of mainly strawberry with a hint of lemon, in a MTL set up it might taste mainly of lemon. ... increasing the overall flavour might leave you with just lemon because it totally over powers the strawberry.

I think recipes need to be created for MTL, especially if they are complex with layers of flavours.... you might need to re-balance the individual flavours rather than just use more or less. It's a problem I've found when trying to use a recipe that's been created by someone who uses a DTL RDA. ... it doesn't taste anything like it supposed to.

A generalisation, but low power puffers often prefer tobacco and sweet types of flavours as opposed to the squishy wishy, candy floss kind of childhood reminiscence flavours of the clouders.

I always go 50/50 and go by the recommendation on the bottle or seller page..then add a tiny tiny bit more as I like to taste things..so if it’s say 15% I will do 17%

I'm aware that the vg/pg ratio should be around 50/50 but my concern was how much concentrate to add. For example, because I will be creating less vapour, would I need more concentrate to make the flavour stronger? Or would I need to use less, say I'm creating 50% less vapour would I use 50% less flavourings?
It would appear as is often the case with vaping that it's all subjective and experimentation is required.
I would be inclined to go along with @AJT and add a little more as this is what I have to do with DTL liquid.

Thanks for the answers everyone [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom